Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..BLIND POLL: If Race/Nationality/Ethinicity Didn't Exist...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a native Puertorriqueno and I follow all my champs and prospects, but I don't hate any of the opponents if they are black, mexican, british or whatever it is.. I just be a fan of PR fighters but don't hate others (also I like arthur abraham he is the future in 160-168 pounds)

Comment

If race didn't exist, Floyd Mayweather would be the most beloved and celebrated boxer in the sport.

Comment

of course i would. race has nothing to do with me liking a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
          Yes I would still be liking the same fighters.
          All my favorite Fighters are not Black and I am black.

King Arthur Abraham, Pacquiao,Pavlik,Cotto and Valero.

The Mexicanos on here would all be Fans of Pacquiao if he was Mexican lol believe that.
          they'd be fans of pavlik also...

i always joke and call pavlik the honorary mexican when he fights...jokingly of course.

i personally admire fighters of any and all racial/ethnic/national backgrounds.

i will root for italian/italian american fighters to support them obviously...but i dont favor one over another because of race.

race isnt an issue with me whether it be in boxing or in day to day life.

Comment

I might have gone for a Mexican boxer, maybe even Margarito but his fans are what put me of him. The rest would have been the same.

Comment

I like very, very, very few fighters and the few I do I don't identify with on any level whatsoever other than us being human beings.

Comment

I would also say that there's a lot of liars in this poll so far.

I don't think people realize how much this really effects the average person. Really stepping out of your shoes and into somebody else's isn't the easiest thing to do, and I suppose this poll goes to show that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt E Gomez View Post
                  I would also say that there's a lot of liars in this poll so far.

I don't think people realize how much this really effects the average person. Really stepping out of your shoes and into somebody else's isn't the easiest thing to do, and I suppose this poll goes to show that.
                  Very true. I think most people have honestly tricked themselves into thinking that they just HAPPEN to root for fighters that they can 'relate' to.

Comment

Originally posted by BadNewz View Post
                    If race didn't exist, Floyd Mayweather would be the most beloved and celebrated boxer in the sport.
                    yeah cause everyone hates blacks huh?

Comment

even no some of my fav fighters are american mexican ect ect if im been totaly honest with my self i wud say i like british fighters because there british!!!!!!!!! lets say if calzaghe hatton and haye were american id proply hate calzaghe and haye!!!! id say hatton is the only one i wud like regardless, because of his personality and him been a realy likeable person but from the race point of view i dont give a **** about wot colour they are white black yellow makes no differnce to me !!

Comment

Working...
                      X