No announcement yet.

Khan > Rosado, Clottey, Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    how about Andrade, or the charlo twins? too big of a risk with less reward?
    They would have been great fights. But yes, I agree with your premise, too big a risk for too low a reward especially with a GGG fight looming.

This is meant to be an easyish showcase fight for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
      Roman Gonzalez is a better fighter than Deontay Wilder, doesn't mean he'd have a better chance against Fury. ****ting on this fight doesn't make you a hater, being okay with this fight makes you beyond a nuthugger.
      But now you're just exaggerating.

It's not that big of a jump as people are making up. It's only one pound above the junior middleweight limit. Khan is a big welterweight and his walking weight is 153. It's not as big a jump as people are making out.

People are letting their view of Khans below average punch reinsure be cloud their judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
        But now you're just exaggerating.

It's not that big of a jump as people are making up. It's only one pound above the junior middleweight limit. Khan is a big welterweight and his walking weight is 153. It's not as big a jump as people are making out.

People are letting their view of Khans below average punch reinsure be cloud their judgement.
        It's not just the weight. There's so many factors going against Khan. Yes he's basically only jumping one weight class, but Canelo drains himself to make that weight class. And yes, Khan's chin is a big factor in me totally ruling him out. He was getting rocked by freaking Algeri!!! And to top it all off one of my favorite things about Khan is that his natural reaction to getting rocked is to fight back, but that's not going to help him. There are so many factors that make this a total mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
          It's not just the weight. There's so many factors going against Khan. Yes he's basically only jumping one weight class, but Canelo drains himself to make that weight class. And yes, Khan's chin is a big factor in me totally ruling him out. He was getting rocked by freaking Algeri!!! And to top it all off one of my favorite things about Khan is that his natural reaction to getting rocked is to fight back, but that's not going to help him. There are so many factors that make this a total mismatch.
          I understand what you're saying completely - there's a LOT of factors against Khan. BUT he's better than both Rosado & Clottey, due to his assets of speed and movement I'd say he definitely has a better chance to beat Canelo than the former two as he possesses the assets which Canelo generally struggles with.

I think he was poor against Algeri because he was struggling to make weight and possibly underestimated him, also Algeri is a very good fighter people just focus on his peformance against Pacquiao.

And just from a business point of view the fight makes sense for GBP & Canelo. Rosado, Clottey & Monroe bring nothing to the table financially. Khan has a huge fan base and everyone is lapping the fight up barring sections of hardcore fans who due to attitudes they're showing in response to this fight put people off boxing!

If Canelo wins its not a huge wins by any means, but it's a decent win.

If Khan wins, well there's nothing to say really!

Comment

You can spin it as you like
            but this fight remains ****e.

Rosado? Clottey?, leave that be
            Saul should be fighting GGG.

Comment

They would have been great fights. But yes, I agree with your premise, too big a risk for too low a reward especially with a GGG fight looming.

This is meant to be an easyish showcase fight for Canelo.
              I see, I wonder what he will do next. I see this khan fight as a desperation for golden boy, they cant afford a canelo loss at this point, im of the opinion that canelo has reached his peak. hes a really good fighter but he hasn't really beat any top in his divison with a "Stamp" on it. he wins but there hasn't been an decisive win vs a top name, I was at the trout fight and it was a draw IMO but the KD got him the win. I wonder if he needs a new trainer to take it to the next level or has he reached his peak n this is as good as he will get. He would beat the charlo twins but have trouble, Andrade will be very close. I think he avoids them all the way I don't see them happening

Comment

Khan is too small for middleweight.

Comment

I understand what you're saying completely - there's a LOT of factors against Khan. BUT he's better than both Rosado & Clottey, due to his assets of speed and movement I'd say he definitely has a better chance to beat Canelo than the former two as he possesses the assets which Canelo generally struggles with.

I think he was poor against Algeri because he was struggling to make weight and possibly underestimated him, also Algeri is a very good fighter people just focus on his peformance against Pacquiao.

And just from a business point of view the fight makes sense for GBP & Canelo. Rosado, Clottey & Monroe bring nothing to the table financially. Khan has a huge fan base and everyone is lapping the fight up barring sections of hardcore fans who due to attitudes they're showing in response to this fight put people off boxing!

If Canelo wins its not a huge wins by any means, but it's a decent win.

If Khan wins, well there's nothing to say really!
                  I'll agree that Khan has a better chance than Rosado or Clottely but that doesn't mean much. However he also has a much much higher chance of getting KTFO.

I also agree that Algeri's better than people give him credit for, but his power is properly rated as low IMO. It's not the fact that the fight was close that I had a problem with but rather Khan's ability to take his punches. If Algeri can rock Khan than Canelo could end him with ease.

Comment

Working...
                  X