Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Witherspoon : Was He Limited Or Exploited By King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Witherspoon : Was He Limited Or Exploited By King?

Tim Witherspoon was always hyped to be a great heavyweight of the 80s but never managed to achieve possibly what he could have achieved, He got robbed against Larry Holmes, Then he went to the UK and beat Bruno which was his biggest victory, He was also co-managed by Don Kings step son who was really doing Don Kings bidding and Tim Witherspoon always made terrible money from the fights, After Don King deducted "expenses" he got knocked out in his first defence but alot of people say he stayed down because he wanted to get out of his contract with King.

So I ask, Was Tim Witherspoon just never good to start with? Or was Tim Witherspoon good but became embroiled in the politics of boxing because of King who raped him financially and mentally? I think Tim Witherspoon could have been a huge star he was also from Philadelphia and came out of those old boxing clubs and in many ways even Meldrick Taylor got more fame than Tim Witherspoon and they were both from the same hometown and around in the same almost same time.
    He Was Always Limited
    100.00%
    He Was Destroyed By Don King
    0.00%

Witherspoon was real good when focused. He made the mistake of suing King who had control of the heavyweight division and most of the sanctioning bodies at the time. You could say after that Witherspoon was blacklisted.

Comment

It's clear by watching Spoon that he had real ability.

He was indeed exploited by King, but he had a reputation for laziness anyway.

No matter who was promoting him, I doubt that would've made THAT much a difference in terms of him rather smoking weed and eating instead of training properly.

Comment

Working...
      X