Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Angulo a true test to Canelo's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Resume?

Yes it is a good fite i mean about time he fought a puncher after 40 plus fites and hopefully Angulo somehow "Pac-kos" him to the moon like Marquez did.
    "hee nahh genn up jim hee nahh genn up"

Comment

Angulo pre Kirkland, YES.. Angulo post Kirkland, can't say for sure..

Comment

at this point it is not a test to his resume, but it will be a test to his chin.

Comment

It's a very tough fight, wasn't it for Lara? Lol why would it be a lesser challenge for Canelo? I expect nothing more than for Angulo to go in there and try to knock Canelo's head off with every punch he throws. Canelo will have to fight very very smart, not go to war with Angulo. He's gonna have to try to outbox him. But he could do it.

And I will repeat the same thing I've said before, Canelo is the only fighter right now not named Mayweather, who can fight Austin Trout and Floyd Mayweather Jr back to back and fight a guy like Angulo as a "comeback" fight, but be insulted by some fans.

It's gonna be a very good action fight where we will see Canelo's intelligence, or, if he decides to bang, we will see how tough he is against a big JMW who can punch and is young. Angulo is not old like Mosley, or shot like Cintron, this will be a tough test for a young Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingWords View Post
            Angulo pre Kirkland, YES.. Angulo post Kirkland, can't say for sure..
            Angulo pre-Kirkland was untested himself. So he beat, who? a 12-3 Gabe Rosado? Joel Julio? Alcine, not really saying much, he was a prospect sort of. The Kirkland and Lara fights showed fans what Angulo is made of, despite losing both. Those were the fights that showed what Angulo could do at the to level, and that is that he is dangerous and can badly hurt you if you just go at him, and even if you try to outbox him he can catch you like he did Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              Angulo pre-Kirkland was untested himself. So he beat, who? a 12-3 Gabe Rosado? Joel Julio? Alcine, not really saying much, he was a prospect sort of. The Kirkland and Lara fights showed fans what Angulo is made of, despite losing both. Those were the fights that showed what Angulo could do at the to level, and that is that he is dangerous and can badly hurt you if you just go at him, and even if you try to outbox him he can catch you like he did Lara.
              You're Absolutely right. The Kirkland fight was in 2011 (wow how time fly's). So let me correct myself and say:

Angulo pre Lara, YES... Angulo post Lara, can't say for sure..

Comment

I think so, I don't rate Canelo very highly and can see Angulo getting the win. 50-50 fight.

Comment

Of course. Canelo is hardly fleet footed. He's going to have to deal with this guy. Should be interesting.

Comment

It will test Alvarez in 2 areas where he seems to be a bit iffy: His stamina and punch resistance. I honestly think Angulo would be a harder fight for Canelo than Lara.

Comment

Not the guy we wanted, but he'll test Canelo for sure

Comment

Working...
                      X