This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    "We don't need you to do that" is telling him not to follow. That's semantics and I don't think the prosecution will have a hard time making that same point.

You can even hear him saying "ok" in the phone conversation and he followed anyway. That's the biggest hurdle he's going to have to overcome because if he didn't follow the kid, he wouldn't be dead so there's some obvious negligence there.
    You may be right that it will be the biggest hurdle but there is no law saying you can't follow someone. He didn't actually break the law by doing so. They probably said "we don't need you to do that" more for his own safety because Zimmerman said the guy "looked suspicious or like he was on drugs or something."

Comment

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      You may be right that it will be the biggest hurdle but there is no law saying you can't follow someone. He didn't actually break the law by doing so. They probably said "we don't need you to do that" more for his own safety because Zimmerman said the guy "looked suspicious or like he was on drugs or something."
      This what I think is the case. Being "snoopy" is part of neighborhood watchmen's duty. I believe it was for his own safety he was advised it would be better not to follow the kid. Not sure if that was clarified when the officer testified.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        This what I think is the case. Being "snoopy" is part of neighborhood watchmen's duty. I believe it was for his own safety he was advised it would be better not to follow the kid. Not sure if that was clarified when the officer testified.
        The police dispatcher also wasn't aware he had a loaded gun with him either. I'm sure if that info was known, then they would have been even more persistent in telling him not to follow the kid since he's not a cop.

Comment

• GZ's lawyer is one knock-knock joke away from victory.

Comment

"We don't need you to do that" is telling him not to follow. That's semantics and I don't think the prosecution will have a hard time making that same point.

You can even hear him saying "ok" in the phone conversation and he followed anyway. That's the biggest hurdle he's going to have to overcome because if he didn't follow the kid, he wouldn't be dead so there's some obvious negligence there.
            I know what you're saying, but following someone doesn't just turn into you being a murderer.

Ok so he followed him, what happened after that, and exactly how it happened will justify either execution or defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
              Agreed.

And TM should of went home instead of punch GZ in the nose and smash his head off concrete.
              Yep. He should had just went home and let some old creep follow him to know where his whole family stay and put them in potential danger. Are you kidding me?

He wouldn't had got punched in the nose if he wasn't so damn nosey and get out the damn car.

Comment

The police dispatcher also wasn't aware he had a loaded gun with him either. I'm sure if that info was known, then they would have been even more persistent in telling him not to follow the kid since he's not a cop.
                You're right. If there was prior knowledge GZ had a gun, the dispatcher may have been more adamant and told him to sit still and not make any dumb moves 'til the police got there.

Comment

• I'm glad that piece of shitwas not really a police officer. You think an actual police officer would have handled the situation the same way as that fat, paranoid creep?

I'm sure a real policeman wouldn't have. It would have just been a "hey kid, we got a call saying you've been wandering around. Where do you live? Just get home ASAP and don't walk around in a random neighborhood ok?"

No pursuit resulting in violence was necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I know what you're saying, but following someone doesn't just turn into you being a murderer.

Ok so he followed him, what happened after that, and exactly how it happened will justify either execution or defense.
                    I didn't say GZ was a murderer, that doesn't mean he's not culpable for TM death.

There's a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                      I'm glad that piece of shitwas not really a police officer. You think an actual police officer would have handled the situation the same way as that fat, paranoid creep?

I'm sure a real policeman wouldn't have. It would have just been a "hey kid, we got a call saying you've been wandering around. Where do you live? Just get home ASAP and don't walk around in a random neighborhood ok?"

No pursuit resulting in violence was necessary.
                      Well I'm sure Treyvon wouldn't have gone balls out and started punching a police officer.

Comment

Working...
                      X