Comments Thread For: Bradley Wants Marquez Next—Not Pacquiao Remtach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    "Marquez-Bradley... Who is the best Paq conqueror?"

Ehm... Marquez duh... Marquez actually beat Pacquiao decisively in the third fight and knocked him out in the fourth.

Instead the title should be: 'Robbed versus Gift-collector'
    I just hope this fight get's done..

Comment

• Remtach eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Well, at least you are not saying that Marquez was whupping Manny prior to the KO, as GRUSTLER did.

After the first 3 rounds it was dead even with the edge going to Marquez because a knock down usually takes something out of the opponent. That is compared to the first two rounds.

I had the 4th for Manny but I know that the judges gave it to Marquez. Lederman had it for Manny as well but it is what it is.

So at that point of the fight it was close with a slight edge for Marquez officially but personally, you may have scored the 4th round differently and had Manny ahead by one round. Not a big deal considering the outcome.

The 5th was a huge round for Manny. Not only did he catch Marquez with a flash knockdown but with several other shots that had Marquez in trouble and wobbly legged for the last third of the round. The momentum shifted towards Manny in the 5th and he carried it into the 6th ..... BUT that was a big 5th round momentum changer that had Marquez in big trouble.

So at the point just prior to the KO, it appeared that Manny was in control while Marquez was slightly deteriorated physically. Also Manny appeared to be able to do what he wanted with more ease than Marquez who appeared to be struggling.

Like they say, until the KO, I would rather have been Manny than Marquez. Of course, with one second left, that all changed.

While it was a decisive win for Marquez, it didn't mean that a 5th fight was not warranted. Manny was doing better, in my opinion, than Marquez up to that point BUT I think that I am correct in my assessment of the fight.
        I see where your going,and where Grus is going tbh..Your both trying to give more credit to an certain fighter more so then other..The problem with this is that both(fighters)know each other,and no matter how it looked..I don't believe anybody thought Marquez was getting KO'd at that point..

Which is why it's not the right wording to say either fighter held an advantage or was in a better position..Until Marquez ended the fight with the KO..It was the only definitive thing about any fight between them..But before it,nobody saw it coming or truly expected it..

IMO even fight before the KO came,and I had Manny up on my card tbh..But never counted Marquez out..But Marquez did what he had too..

Comment

• Bradley-Marquez would still be a good fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
            See you guys can't discuss. We have been discussing what proceeded Manny being put to bed. Even after drawing pictures for you, you still resort to your point which was really irrelevant to the discussion since that is what we said .... "Yes, Marquez KOed Manny but prior to that ......."
            Prior to what? I'm always talking about boxing and not just blabbering nonsense and fact is that Manny was only up 1 point before the KO. Marquez was still connecting in that round and then he KO'd Manny. You're just trying to give Manny props for doing damage before he got dropped like that is saying he can beat Marquez if he didn't get knocked out?

What sense does this make? He had his chance and got knocked out. I'm not going to give him credit for beating on JMM because it's a boxing match and it happens. Point is Marquez laid him out and he gets the props not Manny for getting off. Dude got KO'd with a second left on the clock by a Marquez leaking blood out of his nose and Manny fans are proud of this? Both men did their thing but Marquez finished it. Their fights were never as definitive as the 4th one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
              Exactly right. It was a hotly contested war until Marquez iced him. Pacfans now want to rewrite history as if it was some kind of miraculous comeback from a one-sided beat down. I saw the same fight you did.
              This is my point. Both men were giving each other the business up until Marquez put Pacquiao to sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                He used a body shot FEINT to open manny up for a hard right, apart from that his body shots weren't doing **** to his legs, stop talking out your ass. You got proof he lost his legs? Or has previously via body shots? Didn't think so.

I did watch the fight, but please give it a rest acting like Marquez body shots have ever had a serious affect on Pacquaio's legs, 'cause they haven't.
                Marquez has never targeted Manny's body like he did in the 4th fight. Are you telling me that you watched the fight and did not see him land any body shots? And are you trying to tell us that body shots don't take a toll on the activity of a fighters legs? You are talking out of your ass if you are posting saying that Marquez did not go to Manny's body more than usual to set him up. The more he went to Pacquiao's body the more Pacquiao was trying to cover his side because they were hurting and that's why he was open for the right. Stop trying to tell me I'm bugging if you don't even know what you are talking about. Why do you think Manny opened himself up for the right while protecting his body. Trying to discredit me but you don't even know that body punches takes a fighter legs away by lessening their activity.
                Last edited by GRUSTLER; 04-14-2013, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Why the hell do you think Marquez wanted to focus more on Manny's body? Just to fake like he was going to hit him? He wanted to decrease Pacquiao's activity, open him up and sit more on his punches to go for the knock out. It happened.
                  Last edited by GRUSTLER; 04-14-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Pacquiao scared!! Pricing himself out!!

The only way Pacquiao starts going back to 1 million ppvs and up is if he defeats Marquez or Mayweather. Otherwise his ppv numbers will be in the 500,000's. Marquez knows this and that is why he is asking for 50/50. I thought *******s claimed that Pacquiao fought for PRIDE and not MONEY as you claim MAYWEATEHR does. Why would MARQUEZ risk fighting Pacquiao again if he knows Pacuiao will no longer engage as much as he did in the 4th fight. Pacquiao will more than likely go for a decision and hope that the judges give it to him in case it is a close fight or Marquez seems the winner. I knew that if Pacquiao got more offensive in the 4th fight he would have a better chance of finishing Marquez off BUT he had a HIGHER chance of getting KNOCKED out by the precision shots of MARQUEZ. Will FREDDIE ROACH offer a $1,000 BONUS to any of Pacquiao's sparring partners for knocking Pacquiao down? Even if you "THINK" Paquiao still brings seats in the house, HE will be the one that looks GREEDY and AFRAID if he doesn't give MARQUEZ what he deseves $$$$. What happened to Donaire is what will happen to Pacquiao if there is a 5th fight. He will think twice about engaging Marquez and will therefore just stand and wait like he did in the 3rd fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      Marquez has never targeted Manny's body like he did in the 4th fight. Are you telling me that you watched the fight and did not see him land any body shots? And are you trying to tell us that body shots don't take a toll on the activity of a fighters legs? You are talking out of your ass if you are posting saying that Marquez did not go to Manny's body more than usual to set him up. The more he went to Pacquiao's body the more Pacquiao was trying to cover his side because they were hurting and that's why he was open for the right. Stop trying to tell me I'm bugging if you don't even know what you are talking about. Why do you think Manny opened himself up for the right while protecting his body. Trying to discredit me but you don't even know that body punches takes a fighter legs away by lessening their activity.
                      Oh give it a rest I never said body shots don't generally weaken fighters legs, but there's 0 evidence suggesting it did it to him besides you screaming HE THREW MORE BODY SHOTS!!11. Pacquaio protected his body because that's what fighters do when a body shot is coming from the side... are you stupid? What do you expect him to do? Stand there and take the body shot to the section with little to no muscle for protection and just laugh it off? Ever heard of a reflex? Rofl.

I'm trying to discredit you because you're talking ****, I know body shots generally slow fighters down, but they aren't as effective on everyone, and there's ****ing no proof they've been effective on Pacquaio. He's faced Cotto and Margarito who have landed some great body shots on him and his activity is still the highest of most welterweights.

I'm not saying Marquez didn't land body shots, but seriously this whole thing was about you saying Marquez took Pacquaio's legs AWAY with body shots, when in this fight Pacquaio was looking as energetic as ever. You literally have no proof his body shots had any serious effect on him whatsoever and that's what this is about. If you think a boxer won't react to a body shot aimed at the liver/side of the body by covering up the way he did then I dunno what to say.

Pacquaio got knocked down because he fell into a trap, if you honestly think Pacquaio wouldn't have tried to block that shot in the first place you're stupid. Nobody purposely lets a hard, pulled back body shot at the liver section get through on purpose.

TL;DR his legs were fine, Marquez made a smart move and knocked him down, before and after that Pacquaio looked energetic as ever and perfectly FINE, his legs were fine.
                      Last edited by T18Z; 04-15-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X