No announcement yet.

I miss old school boxers 80's & 90's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    His sparring videos on Youtube are more exciting than most fights nowadays.
    Than todays supersized, super skilled heavyweights? You crazy!!

Comment

I miss the days when the best fought the best & the only way to be the best was to face the best!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981
        I miss the 80's and 90's where guys like Tyson could beat up old ladies in elevators for their purses and no one cared, or hit their wife so hard they bragged about it being the hardest punch he ever landed in public.

Great times~
        I think you're thinking of the 2000's. Floyd and Broner are the ones you're thinking of.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          I think you're thinking of the 2000's. Floyd and Broner are the ones you're thinking of.

No that is Mike Tyson look up his transgressions, but I can go on Ray Leonard beat the shit out of his wife~ nobody cared, Oscar raped a girl no one cared even the women he was popular with (statutory rape)~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            I miss the 80's and 90's where guys like Tyson could beat up old ladies in elevators for their purses and no one cared, or hit their wife so hard they bragged about it being the hardest punch he ever landed in public.

Great times~

I also miss those days, when a fighter like like Tony Ayala can sexually assault 2 women on 2 separate occasions even leaving one with a broken back, to only get probation.

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
              Dont know how De La Hoya is a Cherry picker. guy fought the best from the late 90's all the way til he retired. And Pacquiao fought the best opposition at each weight almost his whole career. dont know how they are cherry pickers.
              are you serious?? So Shane Mosley and Margarito were the best choices for Pacquiao????

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981
                Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

No that is Mike Tyson look up his transgressions, but I can go on Ray Leonard beat the s hit out of his wife~ nobody cared, Oscar raped a girl no one cared even the women he was popular with (statutory rape)~
                Yea I know. I was just joking and I know where you're coming from but those guys were actually likeable. Unlike Mayweather and Broner... I'm not justifying what they (DLH, Leonard, etc.) did but that's most people's mentality around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Oscar was a cherry picker?

Yeah, he cherry picked Tito, Mosley, Hopkins, Sturm and Vargas. The guy was a genius...

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    Yeah, he cherry picked Tito, Mosley, Hopkins, Sturm and Vargas. The guy was a genius...
                    Yeah also how he cherry picked Ike "bazooka" QUARTAY..... If anything we need more fighters like Oscar de la Hoya! Dude fought anybody anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                      Yea I know. I was just joking and I know where you're coming from but those guys were actually likeable. Unlike Mayweather and Broner... I'm not justifying what they (DLH, Leonard, etc.) did but that's most people's mentality around here.

It just shows how people are easily fooled by facades, those guys also benefited from information not being as available as today.

I just dislike the selective morality based on a guys likability also I don't care much about boxer morality in general.

Comment

Working...
                      X