floyd beats trinidad at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd beats trinidad at 147

tito has no defence whatsoever

floyd boxes to a 12 UD ... the fight would have gone like the corrales fight but i dont see floyd koing felix

Very probable. It'd be a hard fight for Tito to win

Comment

I think it's a lot tougher of a fight for floyd than people realize. Tito was big at welterweight and packed a lot of power obviously. If Tito would jab and not just follow floyd around it would be a very hard fight for floyd. But if tito just stalked floyd w/o using the jab he could get outboxed.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
        I think it's a lot tougher of a fight for floyd than people realize. Tito was big at welterweight and packed a lot of power obviously. If Tito would jab and not just follow floyd around it would be a very hard fight for floyd. But if tito just stalked floyd w/o using the jab he could get outboxed.
        If Tito fought floyd the way he did Oscar, there's no question he loses. I honestly don't see a scenario of him winning with skill. He'd have to rely on his power. And out of every fighter around today, Floyd can neutralize power most effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          If Tito fought floyd the way he did Oscar, there's no question he loses. I honestly don't see a scenario of him winning with skill. He'd have to rely on his power. And out of every fighter around today, Floyd can neutralize power most effectively.
          What I was getting at is Tito would have to fight very intelligently. I still pick floyd to win, just saying it's not an easy fight for floyd.

I've always felt someone tall with a jab would be a nightmare for floyd. Tito was more of a come forward type guy but if he did use his jab to set up his shots it would be tough for floyd. Tito had a very heavy jab when he used it. Now whether or not tito would actually do that is different story.

Comment

This has been raised many times. Trinidad was very outboxable. However, Floyd would have to avoid that left hook like the plague.

Floyd probably would have won but Trinidad definitely could have won by knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              What I was getting at is Tito would have to fight very intelligently. I still pick floyd to win, just saying it's not an easy fight for floyd.

I've always felt someone tall with a jab would be a nightmare for floyd. Tito was more of a come forward type guy but if he did use his jab to set up his shots it would be tough for floyd. Tito had a very heavy jab when he used it. Now whether or not tito would actually do that is different story.
              Oh I agree, if Tito fought like like, say Hearns or Forrest, it would be a tough night for Floyd. But that's a big if. Tito was a good boxer but he was a notorious headhunter and he was known to get frustrated with boxers.

Comment

while i agree that he beats tito, floyd was at the height of his physical prime vs corrales. he's was never the beast at welter that he was a super feather. this is by no means a cake walk for floyd.

Comment

Pick one....

Tito is from Pureto Rico.

We ain't fighting to see who the best is.

I have nothing left to proof so I'm hanging it up.

I lost my urge.

Health come first.

Comment

I've always thought that a late prime Floyd at 147 (2006-2007) would have beaten a prime Trinidad at 147.

Comment

Working...
                    X