Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 of my favorite all time fights Lopez vs Salido- Can Mikey Garcia beat Salido?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    I'll take that bet.
    Mikey's poise in the ring is rare with young guys. Salido is a dog but an old dog. I'm siding with youth. Garcia has boxing in his blood. As long as he doesn't go stupid and slug it out his jab should carry him to a decision.
    FOTY early vote. This may be the best contrasting matchup that could be made in all of boxing.
    Salido has a way of imposing himself on his opponents. He's relentless. "Siri" will drag Mikey into his kind of fight. That's why I pick Orlando to win this match-up. I believe Salido will make it a firefight and break the less battle-hardened Garcia's will.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Salido has a way of imposing himself on his opponents. He's relentless. "Siri" will drag Mikey into his kind of fight. That's why I pick Orlando to win this match-up. I believe Salido will make it a firefight and break the less battle-hardened Garcia's will.
      Unlike Lopez, Mikey has good feet and hand speed. These are the guys that Salido has lost to in the past. I combine that with the age factor and came up with Garcia in 12. It wasn't an easy pick but I refuse to walk the fence. If Garcia's as head strong as I think he is he'll use that gd stick he's got to dictate pace. Salido is there to be hit.

Comment

late ko or ud to mikey. mikey has great timing and everything necessary to take him out. mikey will get ****ed up but I think his youth can handle it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Salido is getting up there in age..... But I favor him in this match up slightly

Comment

Unlike Lopez, Mikey has good feet and hand speed. These are the guys that Salido has lost to in the past. I combine that with the age factor and came up with Garcia in 12. It wasn't an easy pick but I refuse to walk the fence. If Garcia's as head strong as I think he is he'll use that gd stick he's got to dictate pace. Salido is there to be hit.
            Age might be a factor, and this isn't an easy fight to call, I agree. These are two good fighters with their own good qualities. I don't agree that "Salido is there to be hit," however. He's not a defensive genius or anything, but Orlando moves well.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Age might be a factor, and this isn't an easy fight to call, I agree. These are two good fighters with their own good qualities. I don't agree that "Salido is there to be hit," however. He's not a defensive genius or anything, but Orlando moves well.
              I have to go with what I've seen. If Juanma was bang in him with those telegraphed punches then Garcia will have plenty of chances to touch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Mikey can absolutely beat Salido. He's far more fundamentally sound than Lopez. He's patient, has a fantastic jab. He has the stamina to stay the course. He has the youth, he has respectable power. In short Mikey is the damn truth.
                Mikey is good but Canelo already holds the name the truth sorry..

Comment

Garcia fights smart he will beat Salido why is this fight in NYC?

Comment

I have to go with what I've seen. If Juanma was bang in him with those telegraphed punches then Garcia will have plenty of chances to touch him.
                    Agreed. But, by the same token, if JuanMa wasn't able to slow Salido down, Garcia might not able able to either. Mikey hits hard, but Lopez hits pretty damn hard himself. If "Siri" weathers a few blows, he'll probably find a home for those looping rights of his. Like I said earlier, I think Salido will drag Garcia into a war. If he does, Orlando is likely to come out on top.

Comment

Salido took everything Juanma gave him..I dont know if Garcia hits as hard as Juanma. Salido is a war tested veteran, great fight but im going with Salido.

Comment

Working...
                      X