Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthew Macklin vs. Winky Wright: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Where is this fight being held? Since Winky can't win by KO it makes a lot of difference.
    Las Vegas, undercard for Morales Marquez

Comment

It's a classic strategy to launch Macklin in the States. Get him a winnable fight against a (faded) big name. Like Khan and Barrerra or Canelo and Baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        Las Vegas, undercard for Morales Marquez
        yeah , its looking like a decent card for once

Comment

Ill just copy and paste what i wrote on anotehr thread:

Winky is nearly 40, hasnt fought in 2 years, hasnt won in over 4 years, and hasnt KOd anyone in about 9 years.

Warren knows what he's doing. Take an old inactive big name opponent, and feed him to one of his fighters. And bribe the judges. Macklin SD win

It all depends on what Winky can bring on the night. Warren is banking on it not being much. Plus with Winky going into his shell it'll be easier for the judges to give Macklin rounds he might not deserve.

Although i wrote that thinking it was in england, but Warren can get to vegas judges if needs be too.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
            its a very winnable fight for macklin, winky is so far out of the game, he's a sitting duck, it would be a good name on the resume, even at this point.

winky can win, but, he's going to be fighting more than macklin in this fight. he's going to be fighting ring rust, he's going to be fighting father time, who knows if weight is an issue? and he's going to have to search for the same kind of hunger that he needs to suck it up and get a win.

i pick macklin in this fight, it's really his fight to lose, nothing against winky but he's been so far removed from the game, he can easily be out hustled.
            Good post.

Comment

Its kinda hard to say given that Winky has had something like 1 fight in 4 years. But if he has anything left, he'll beat Macklin i would think

Comment

I thought Winky looked pretty good against Williams but that was 2 years ago, Macklin is nothing special and if Winky is anything near what he was he beats Macklin clearly but maybe he's past it enough for Macklin to nick it.

Comment

i really don't know how winky is at this point. i do know, however, that his style is not THAT BAD for ageing.

Comment

I can't imagine Macklin beating Winky.

I didn't know Winky has been stoppage-less for 9-years.

Comment

I really like this fight. We will see just how much Wright has left in the tank. Macklin is current EBU Champion and on a good win streak which includes a 1st round KO win over Amin Asikainen.

If Winky is anything of old he should have far to much overall ability and overall skills for Macklin. But Winky is now 39 years of age and hasn't won since 2006. And he dosen't live a heahlty lifestyle outside the ring either, which could affect him.

Looking foward to it. Cheering for Wink do.

Comment

Working...
                      X