No announcement yet.

Your scorecard: 1986 bout between Mike Tyson and Quick Tillis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Ironmike- View Post
    When people talk about Ali, they talk about Ali during his boxing years when he was a questionable human being at best
    Saint Ali the myth, has inspired a lot of people no doubt about that. Shame he never existed though

Please don't tell me you actually believe that?

Joe Louis was no uncle tom. And did more for his people that Ali ever did.
    Joe Louis never had to join a loony cult to feel good about himself or his race like Ali did.

True.
    Really ? What did Joe Louis ever do besides follow the instructions of the racist establishment. Before you mention his service during WW2. Remember that he served in a racially segregated army.

Without the 'loony cult' there is a good chance that blacks would still be second class citizens. Without Nelson Mandela South Africa would still be apartheid.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

You have zero proof of any of this and I am considering it trolling. Fair warning. This has been a pretty good debate by both sides, but lets stick to the comprehensive facts.
    Frazier has stated he was willing to serve in Vietnam. Mike Tyson or Jack Johnson would never do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Morales. View Post
      Really ? What did Joe Louis ever do besides follow the instructions of the racist establishment. Before you mention his service during WW2. Remember that he served in a racially segregated army.
      And remember that Louis fought to integrate it by refusing to fight for whites only audiences among other things.
      Without the 'loony cult' there is a good chance that blacks would still be second class citizens. Without Nelson Mandela South Africa would still be apartheid.
      These are assumptions my friend.
      Frazier has stated he was willing to serve in Vietnam. Mike Tyson or Jack Johnson would never do that.
      Fraziers willingness to fight for his country is NOT tantamount to killing women and children. And your claim that Tyson nor Johnson would fight for their country is purely speculative.

Comment

who would you rather sit down and have a conversation with, a 30 year old tyson or 30 year old ali?

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          My evidence is the same evidence the State presented, which was enough to convince the jury of Tyson's guilt.

LOL, a convict claiming he's innocent, what a shocker. Gee, that couldn't have anything to do with the fact that there were was a decent record preserved for appeal, could it?

Do you know how many sex criminals will not admit to their actions despite the fact that doing so would result in a mitigated sentence?
          he wasnt a convict at that point

please enlighten us

Comment

Oh I love it, Liston wasn't great? George wasn't great? Yeah and Tyson was....whatever

Comment

Ali was misguided when he was with the nation. He is no longer a part of that and is a committed Muslim, im sure he has alot of regrets about his time with the nation.

Ali has done alot of charity work and has inspired millions of people around the world.

Frazier deserved everything he got. Theres no doubt he would of gone to Vietnam and killed women and children if drafted. He was an uncle tom just like Joe Louis. Tyson would never have fought in such a barbaric war.

Also you forgot to mention that Frazier also beat his wife.
              You are obviously someone who can't be taken seriously.

It was embarrassing just to read that.

Comment

Frazier deserved everything he got. Theres no doubt he would of gone to Vietnam and killed women and children if drafted. He was an uncle tom just like Joe Louis. Tyson would never have fought in such a barbaric war.
                So whoever goes to fight for their country is an "Uncle Tom" ?, Joe Louis and the Joe Louis Troope' (which included Ray Robinson and other boxers) who went around to keep relations between the Black and White troops are all "Uncle Toms" because they went to support their country and the people who were risking their lives ?.

The JL Troop even refused to put on a boxing show for the soldiers in Mississippi because the white people / leaders there wouldn't let the black people come to see the show and kept them locked away.

But they must all be "Uncle Toms" right ?, I mean standing up for their race !, who do they think they are !.

Uncle Tom ?, **** didn't know we was still in the 60s.
                Last edited by NChristo; 09-26-2010, 07:01 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Back on topic, was a good fight, watched it no too long ago think I had it scored 7-3 for Mike, will write up a full round by round if I watch it any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    So whoever goes to fight for their country is an "Uncle Tom" ?, Joe Louis and the Joe Louis Troope' (which included Ray Robinson and other boxers) who went around to keep relations between the Black and White troops are all "Uncle Toms" because they went to supported their country and the people who were risking their lives ?.

The JL Troop even refused to put on a boxing show for the soldiers in Mississippi because the white people / leaders there wouldn't let the black people come to see the show and kept them locked away.

But they must all be "Uncle Toms" right ?, I mean standing up for there race !, who do they think they are !.

Uncle Tom ?, **** didn't know we was still in the 60s.
                    And lets not forget that without the help of Louis that Jackie Robinson may never have had the opportunity to break baseballs color barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by r.burgundy View Post
                      he wasnt a convict at that point

please enlighten us
                      He was most certainly a convict at the time of sentencing.

I'll follow up Ironmike's posts tomorrow. Just got home from the gym and I'm whipped, and tonight wasn't even a sparring night.

Comment

Working...
                      X