Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ass whooping was more satisfying to watch: Broner-Maidana or Naseem-Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Stokes View Post
    Too bad ROIDquez turned it down.
    Isn't Steward on the record multiple times where he states they avoided JMM when he was the mandatory? JMM, the mandatory turned it down is what you're saying? marquez is known for bad business decisions but I must have missed that one. I almost want to say Steward literally used the word duck in some of these interviews

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      I'd say Hamed because he was more accomplished along with being annoying, broners accomplished nothing, he's just an annoying prick.
      Broner actually accomplished more than him and didn't get a one sided beating despite the KDs, Maidana was in major trouble and got saved by that last bell.

Also Naseem retired after losing.. Broner still fighting and drawing bigger crowds. I don't even like Broner but Nasrrm had already been surpassed by him.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        Isn't Steward on the record multiple times where he states they avoided JMM when he was the mandatory? JMM, the mandatory turned it down is what you're saying? marquez is known for bad business decisions but I must have missed that one. I almost want to say Steward literally used the word duck in some of these interviews

He said that he advised Hamed against taking the fight (or something along those lines) when Marquez was his mandatory challenger during one of those HBO Countdown shows from years back.

Juan Manuel Marquez (No. 5, USA TODAY), turned down the fight before discussions could even turn to money, according to John Jackson, a Marquez adviser. That is surprising because Marquez, who would have made a career-high purse of about $500,000, has been chasing [Naseem] Hamed. He spent almost two years as mandatory challenger to Hamed's belt and even petitioned (unsuccessfully) that sanctioning organization to enforce his right to face Hamed.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToday...ison%2Brelease

Originally posted by Slick Veteran View Post
        Broner actually accomplished more than him and didn't get a one sided beating despite the KDs, Maidana was in major trouble and got saved by that last bell.

Also Naseem retired after losing.. Broner still fighting and drawing bigger crowds. I don't even like Broner but Nasrrm had already been surpassed by him.

Comment

I rewatched the Barrera-Naseem fight many times and Naseem did absolutely Jack **** that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            both got embarrassed and clowned from Broner getting dropped, humped and Maidana brushing his hair and Broner leaving the ring looking lost after the fight...to Nassim getting his head ran into the turn buckle...you reap what you sow
            What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick Veteran View Post

Have to disagree. McCullough and Kevin Kelly **** on any victory broner has. As far as maidana being in trouble, it was a result of a cheap shot by broner after the bell in the 11th. Prior to that he did nothing. I think hamed is levels above broner.

Comment

Maidana/Broner

Comment

Maidana/Broner, you couldn't write a better script, I guarantee that fight made tons of new boxing fans.

Comment

Broner getting dropped, dry humped, and brushed by maidana by far

Comment

Working...
                    X