Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan is the new Gatti.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defense Defense Defense he needs to fire Roach and work on his Defense.

Comment

gatti had titanic power at 130 and even up to 140 he was a banger

he'd sell the hell out to land bombs.

khan's simply a flawed boxer. his vulnerabilities are a product of shortcomings in his boxing game. gatti has those as well, but the main reason he was so exciting was his nature as a power puncher.

he was also a bleeder, had huge issues with swelling, and he had very leaky defense even when he was covering up. he had terrific powers of recovery, and could turn a fight around with his power.

gatti was the perfect storm of an action fighter. khan's a talented boxer but flawed whose fights become exciting when he gets tagged. he looks about as hurt as any fighter you will see. his whole body looks rocked. he does not recover.

the thing that they have in common are the exciting fights. khan's still never been in anything like ruelas, robinson, ward, but he's been in some nice tear ups.

Comment

If anyone in boxing can lay claim to Gattis legacy its this man

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
          No he isn't, because he has much better skills than Gatti, but far inferior chin and inability to recover when rocked. Gatti had a good chin and outstanding ability to recover from a knockdown if it happened. Khan gets rocked and he rarely can get his feet back under him.
          Yes Gatti was more of a punchbag than khan is, Khan is usually using his opponents as punch bags and Garcia was that punchbag for 2 rounds.

I think khans dancing feet are a lot to do with khan trying to dance like Ali when his mind is not connected to his feet. If he just stood and held he wouldnt look half as hurt as he does when he thinks he can use great footwork when concussed.

Comment

Khan >>> gatti

Comment

Khan is not fit to be mentioned in the same thread as Gatti, take away the hype and his fast hands and all that left is a fighter with a poor defence, who is weak on the inside, has average power and a dodgy chin.

Comment

Originally posted by hogey View Post
                Khan is not fit to be mentioned in the same thread as Gatti, take away the hype and his fast hands and all that left is a fighter with a poor defence, who is weak on the inside, has average power and a dodgy chin.
                Well damn!!

Comment

I've said this before, Katsidis has the Gatti thrown. I think everyone can agree with that.

Khan being the new Gatti is idiotic, he doesn't even last that long in some of his losses. Prime Gatti was taking guys up to 12 rounds consistantly in his losses. It was at the end of his career when he started taking bad beatings.

Comment

hype, duck, chicken.. etc

these words are ruining boxing along with bon arum

boxers are gonna come along and people are gonna like them, they will get press because its whats needed for the sport... some will eventually lose

its life

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Exciting to watch & very vulnerable. He's either going to bomb you out, or get bombed out. His defensive liabilities have never been corrected & he's very far along in his career. I don't see the ring IQ of say a Barrera or even Cotto to be able to change his style to make up for his flaws.

Much props to Garcia for ending the undeserved hype & saving us from a painful & worthless ppv. Khan has got to do things differently or keep us awed with exciting fights that he's gonna win or lose big. Warrr Khan!!
                      I agree and the same can be said for Ortiz; which is why I'd like to see those two do battle next.....

Comment

Working...
                      X