Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Hunter Eye Fighter, Trainer of The Year Nods

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Hunter Eye Fighter, Trainer of The Year Nods

LOS ANGELES, CA - It has been a tremendously successful 2011 for Andre Ward (25-0, 13 KOs), who after a twenty-six month journey is now the Super Six World Boxing Classic champion; the WBA champion; the WBC champion; the Ring magazine champion and the No. 1 Super Middleweight in the world.

[Click Here To Read More]

no complaints here, it's deserved

Comment

Ward is the FOTY no doubt
      Keep making USA proud

Comment

I don't like it that automatically a trainer has to win becuase of his fighter. Like how the **** has Freddie Roach won 5 times seriously? .. I still have not seen Nacho Beristain be a trainer of the year for all he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by Babalu11 View Post
          I don't like it that automatically a trainer has to win becuase of his fighter. Like how the **** has Freddie Roach won 5 times seriously? .. I still have not seen Nacho Beristain be a trainer of the year for all he's done.
          thats a good point overall Jmm hasnt really lost since mayweather,Nacho deserves recognition as hes made more world champions than all those traniers combined.Nacho should get recognition JMM won that 3rd fight without a doubt,and nacho has been there all along they both made good on their pre-fight promises, the judges that was something completley out of their control.

Comment

They'll do anything to hype this powerless tap dancer. Ward is good but never great. No punching power and hasn't even fought for the REAL 168 title yet, and even worse is already ducking the opportunity! Roach is trainer of the year. Pac avenged his name by beating Marquez AGAIN...Khan beats top contender Peterson in his own back yard. No question about it. Roach again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil View Post
              They'll do anything to hype this powerless tap dancer. Ward is good but never great. No punching power and hasn't even fought for the REAL 168 title yet, and even worse is already ducking the opportunity! Roach is trainer of the year. Pac avenged his name by beating Marquez AGAIN...Khan beats top contender Peterson in his own back yard. No question about it. Roach again.

Since when do you need power to be great
              he has the lineal crown aka THE 168 pound title.
              You shouldnt even be critisizing real fighters considering you have that b!tch haye in your avatar.

Comment

Ward should get fighter of the year, but I think Ann Wolfe is the trainer of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil View Post

Ward does have power we just didnt get to see it because he stubbed his toe before the fight and couldn't generate any power because of it.

Comment

I don't doubt for a second that Virgil's a good trainer, but looking at the list of his other fighters, the only one I recognize is Mayfield, and at this point of his career he's a good sparring partner at best... call me biased if you want, but Robert Garcia is hands down Trainer of the Year. 3 dominant performances from Rios, 2 from Donaire, 2 from Mikey a stand out amateur named Andy Ruiz who has already signed with top rank and debuts next month.

So again, call me biased but not before you show me a trainer with a more impressive 2011

Comment

Working...
                    X