Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a question to all the guys who have had a big break up, or a divorce.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Always View Post
    After 10 years of being with my girl, I finally decided to stop taking her bull****, and finally break up with her. I just couldnt stand the negativity, attitude, all the fighting, so I broke it off. I tried, and tried, and tried to make it work out, but her ****ed up attitude, and downright b*tchyness finally took its toll on me.

I had been wanting to do it for the longest time, but one of the reasons why I never did was because of everything we had. New house, new car, and just tons and tons of materialistic items. Everything that we had, I could pay for it all by myself, but all of her checks were disposable income, and allowed us to go out to eat, go out at night, go shopping, buy clothes.

So now 2 weeks later (which is the beginning of the month when all the bills are due) , we are still broken up, and I told I her I would probably never get back with her. I have paid all of the bills, bought things for the house, and bought items that I needed. Now I have to live on a budget, and dont have extra income to do the things that I normally do like going places that I usually got to, I havent bought any clothes, no shoes, havent been going out to eat, and basically just feel like I am stuck here at home all day, and its beginning to eat at me.

How long did it take you guys to get back on your feet, and get back to where you were before the break up/ divorce?

Just enjoy being single, get out there and savour the flavour of everything there is to taste.

Comment

I was with my girl on and off for about five years. After we broke up, I moved back in with my folks for a few months and then split for Europe when the opportunity came up. I had it the same way; I payed rent, electric, and phones and my girls income paid for our food, internet, booze, ect.

I am way way wayyyyy happier now. Congrats to making a change to try and better your life.

Comment

Damn HTown ... this is going to be rough, but don't Backslide ... I made it to 5 years with my ex ... so I understand, like Mak said ... Just rent a room out to a buddy and have fun//work hard for the time being

Good Luck Bro
        Last edited by -Mustang-; 09-03-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

I did..... When everything is good, its GREAT. She loves boxing, we have been together since high school, our families have been friends for 15 years, her uncle is one of my best friends. But when it is bad, it is BAD, and its been bad for a while now. On and off over the last 2 years, I have tried to break it off, only for her to cry, beg, and plead with me to give her one more chance. I just couldnt do it again. I made a thread about 2 weeks ago saying I may have got her pregnant (which she is not) and Im starting to think that MAYBE that was her way of trying to keep me with her.
          Relationships go through good and bad times its the problem with our generation we just cut and run when sht gets bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
            Relationships go through good and bad times its the problem with our generation we just cut and run when sht gets bad.
            Naw bro, I have REPEATEDLY told her to change. She is the most negative, unhappy, grumpy person that I have probably ever been around in my entire life. If she isnt, she is 2nd right behind my pops.

Ive done everything, and begged her to change, and I just couldnt take it anymore. I got engaged 4 years ago, and had plenty of opportunities to get married, but never did because of her attitude.

A man can only take so much. I hit the end of my rope.

Comment

all i got to say is this:

as men age we go up in value. as women age, they go down in value.

Comment

**** man, everything was all good. I had no problems, went out of town, and had a great time.

Now that I came back home and saw all of her stuff moved out, I feel like ****.
                i know the feeling but that's not the worst part. now that it's just your stuff that's left, wait til you sell the house and you have to move all those things out by yourself. the saddest part is when the house is all empty and you're done moving out and you walk down the hallways, the rooms, dining, and living room and it's all empty. that shiet is fawking cold.

when i got separated it was the hardest part. i didn't want to come back to that house but i had to move all the things out by myself and it's like i was having all the flashbacks of what used to happen in those special places. it's not just the kinky sex. it wasn't about that at all. it's flashbacks of when you used to watch television together. the moments where you surprised her with a gift. or you coming home and she's right there waiting for you. the parties that both of you did. the fights that you had and how you comforted her to not be angry anymore. it was those moments that you would always have a thought of.

if i were you i'd get out of there as soon as i can. let go of the things that would make you remember. don't derail the process of moving on. she's already got the advantage. she's already out there and you're still stuck in the same place. act fast my friend.

Comment

Working...
                X