No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Calzaghe Stays Retired Because I'm Still Here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins: Calzaghe Stays Retired Because I'm Still Here

WBC light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins believes Joe Calzaghe has stayed retired to avoid a possible rematch between the two of them. Calzaghe won a close decision over Hopkins in April of 2008. The Welsh star officially retired in early 2009. According to Hopkins, Calzaghe retired to avoid a possible rematch and he doesn't expect him to return to the sport because of the same reason. Calzaghe doesn't have any interest in returning for a Hopkins rematch.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lulz, He still mad.

Calz schooled him.

Comment

Yeah and lewis stay retired because of Vitali. Give me a break.

Hes done with boxing. Guy even had a coke addiction.

Comment

I believe that Joe was never a fighter fighter, but he was good at it. In Joe's heart, at least from his biography he came across as a man who was good at boxing but didn't really want to box.

Boxing is a hard sport, training to make weight etc isn't easy. Joe use to get very bad moods making weight, so I guess he just wanted out. We saw pics of him partying and heard him say he is taking coke.

Comment

lol joe is NOT a cokehead. . . doing blow while you party every now and then is NOT a cokehead. . . a cokehead is somebody who HAS to do coke to get through the day, and they can't function properly without it. . . you can spot these a mile away. . . it just comes with the hard partying territory - some doosh knuckle trying to make a name for himself set joe up. . .

on a side note: "Ill never lose to a white boy." hahahaha oookkkkk hopkins, whatever ya say. but yes, hopkins is still a beast, he was beaten by a superior boxer, that's all.

Comment

It was a SD only because GOLDEN BOY P. bought a judge in USA,JOE won it and won it clear like it was clear for LEDERMAN(HBO).
            BHOP lost vs a white man in his homeland,and also the welshman was the aggressor all night..what a shame for THE EX!!!
            JOE CALZAGHE 46-0 and played twelve rounds with ROY more than a year before the rematch BHOP-ROY,yes funny that BHOP is so proud of that rematch with an older ROY than in the fight with JOE!The rematch was horrible,BHOP is so frustrated to take revenges in life that he can't sleep at the idea he'll never fight JOE again,anyway JOE should have schooled him again and again and again!!!

Comment

if B-Hop was 46-0 i'd like to see if he would of still been fighting lol. Joe won that fight clearly

Comment

This is Lewis-Klitschko all over again.

Hopkins, you got schooled. Accept it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  lol joe is NOT a cokehead. . . doing blow while you party every now and then is NOT a cokehead. . . a cokehead is somebody who HAS to do coke to get through the day, and they can't function properly without it. . . you can spot these a mile away. . . it just comes with the hard partying territory - some doosh knuckle trying to make a name for himself set joe up. . .

on a side note: "I'll never lose to a white boy." hahahaha oookkkkk hopkins, whatever ya say. but yes, hopkins is still a beast, he was beaten by a superior boxer, that's all.
                  It was that disgraceful comment that made me want to root for Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    This is Lewis-Klitschko all over again.

Hopkins, you got schooled. Accept it and move on.
                    It's not the same thing because Klitschko was ahead on all cards and was willing to continue. Vitali took the fight on two weeks notice, replacing an injured fighter (think it was Johnson), so considering how well he did, and the controversial ending, one would naturally expect a rematch. The only controversy in the Calzaghe-Bhop fight was that it wasn't a unanimous decision for Calzaghe (how the **** does Adalaide Byrd still get work?). Hopkins had his chance but chose to hold, headbutt and fake injury instead of fight like a man and now he has to live with that. Maybe if he had thrown down instead of making a fool of himself he could've won and that's probably what's eating him up inside. All that aside, I'm surprised he says this now because they looked pretty chummy at the Khan fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X