No announcement yet.

Thurman - The next Tito Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman - The next Tito Trinidad

Barring any upsets this Saturday, will Keith Thurman be the next Felix Trinidad.

Trinidad was an undefeated, kept-secret who was only 19-0 with 16 KOs when he got his first world title-shot, Thurman is 21-0 (19 KOs) and a win over Soto-Karass will put him in line for his first world title.

Thurman, compared to Adrien Broner (and DLH during Tito's time), don't get all this media hype, and just like Trinidad, Thurman, in his interviews, is not afraid to take on the very best, his size will carry him to invade the 154 lbs division, along with Shawn Porter as I don't see Broner or Danny Garcia carrying their weight up to the junior middleweight division.

Trinidad himself has had success at 154, If Thurman remains unbeaten in two years, my best guess is he's gonna unified one half of the welterweight belts, possibly against Kell Brook, whom Im gonna pick to beat Porter.

I don't see Thurman getting past Soto Karass

Thurman was losing his last fight against Chaves and Soto Karass is like a mini Margarito

Comment

I see him more of a young Cotto @ 147... minus the body punching prowess

Comment

He's not Puerto Rican... He's African American so I say he's a better Winky Wright.

Actually I think Keith Thurman is the first Keith Thurman, his style is unique and who else innovates but a black man with swag.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          I don't see Thurman getting past Soto Karass

Thurman was losing his last fight against Chaves and Soto Karass is like a mini Margarito
          Chaves was undefeated coming into that fight, with an extraordinary KO percentage and was interim champion. You're talking as though Chaves was used goods and a punching bag. Funny how most people thought Keith will sleep if his chin get touched but he proved that he can take hellacious shots and then give them back as well as get back in to his gameplay while upping up the workrate.

Dude you don't know what you watching do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Wokingman View Post
            Chaves was undefeated coming into that fight, with an extraordinary KO percentage and was interim champion. You're talking as though Chaves was used goods and a punching bag. Funny how most people thought Keith will sleep if his chin get touched but he proved that he can take hellacious shots and then give them back as well as get back in to his gameplay while upping up the workrate.

Dude you don't know what you watching do you?
            I never said Chaves was a bum. They were both undefeated going into that fight but they had nobody of note on either resume.

That fight was the first real test for both of them and I had Chaves way ahead in the fight until Thurman knocked him out

Soto Karass has been in there with some very good fighters and I think he wins on his workrate

And don't ever question my boxing knowledge again , I never even heard of ya pal

Comment

Originally posted by Wokingman
              He's not Puerto Rican... He's African American so I say he's a better Winky Wright.

Actually I think Keith Thurman is the first Keith Thurman, his style is unique and who else innovates but a black man with swag.
              I hope you mean hes a better comparison to Winky in color and not better as in skill. Winky is top 10 best defensive fighter of the last 15-20yrs imo.

Thurman is a good up and comer but id like to see him beat the Broner/Maidana winner before we compare him to Tito. He is fun to watch so I hope to see big things and see him challenging Floyd one day.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

A bit early for a Hearns comparison. We can't make a Hearns comparison off an opponent like Soto Karass either. Wait til he fights guys like Duran, Benitez and Cuevas.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  I never said Chaves was a bum. They were both undefeated going into that fight but they had nobody of note on either resume.

That fight was the first real test for both of them and I had Chaves way ahead in the fight until Thurman knocked him out

Soto Karass has been in there with some very good fighters and I think he wins on his workrate

And don't ever question my boxing knowledge again , I never even heard of ya pal
                  You just said you had Chaves clearly winning the fight.. Not close but way ahead? Dude you really don't know what what you watching at all.

Also I'm not questioning your boxing knowledge as you make good points about Soto but I will question whether you was wearing your glasses last time you watch Thurman fought.

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                  I hope you mean hes a better comparison to Winky in color and not better as in skill. Winky is top 10 best defensive fighter of the last 15-20yrs imo.

Thurman is a good up and comer but id like to see him beat the Broner/Maidana winner before we compare him to Tito. He is fun to watch so I hope to see big things and see him challenging Floyd one day.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  It's ashame Winky didn't live up to his potential..

I see Keith beating Broner.. And I see Mayweather fighting him in the future maybe like 2015.

Comment

I like how Thurman says he's not worried about losing his "0", that same spirit Trinidad has when he fought a 56-0 Campas and 32-0 Carr. so far, Diego Chaves is his best win against a fellow undefeated fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X