Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevens: "Why not dethrone the man everyone idolizes like a God?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stevens is not at that level, or has he even had a win at a level below GGG. He has however had losses at levels below GGG.

This fight will be a wash. Amazing how hype can confuse people.

Comment

If Stevens won Brooklyn would literally go bananas. With that being said, GGG takes his neck off EARLY.

Comment

GGG doesn't need hype, his skills will do the talking for itself. Just give him a chance. He's been fighting on national television for less then a year.

Comment

If stevens wins, the whole arena including stevens himself will be frozen in shock. anyone SERIOUSLY putting anything down for stevens to win?

Comment

That would be pretty shocking if Stevens won, I don't think I have seen a single person pick him to win (with very good reason).

Golovkin isn't proven enough to consider such an outcome a historic level upset but it would be a very shocking upset I think I would use the word flabbergasted to describe my reaction to that turn of events taking place.

Comment

godlovkin will send back that mouthy non-believer crashing down to his hell-hole.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                That would be pretty shocking if Stevens won, I don't think I have seen a single person pick him to win (with very good reason).

Golovkin isn't proven enough to consider such an outcome a historic level upset but it would be a very shocking upset I think I would use the word flabbergasted to describe my reaction to that turn of events taking place.
                Well

--------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by heavyhands702 View Post
                I just love all the nay sayers, i can't wait for stevens to put ggg on his back. cheers
                Originally posted by heavyhands702 View Post
                what are they gonna say when golovkin is laying face down on the canvas? lol oh it was a fluke and a lucky punch. stevens should take some pages from mike tysons fighting style it would suit him best due to his lack of height and reach.
                Originally posted by Young Herschel View Post
                Here's the issue with GGG and it stems from the same issue I had with Donaire prior to his title fight with Rigo -

Afro-Americans and Afro-Carribeans are predominantly superior boxers with more depth and abilities than all those hispanics and caucasians on Donaire & GGG's highlight real on youtube. When you face a brotha like Stevens who can box a bit and bang a bunch . . its a different world than where you're coming from as GGG.

Donaire had an afro-centric ephiphany against Rigo as well after being 'managed' through a series of opponents who weren't of the African Diaspora like "El Chacal"

GGG may have an afro-centric ephiphany early on against Stevens who presents problems as an experienced true middleweight and a power-counterpuncher that has a habit of knocking guys out inside of two rounds
                Who could forget Stevens winning because he's black?

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                  Stevens is not at that level, or has he even had a win at a level below GGG. He has however had losses at levels below GGG.

This fight will be a wash. Amazing how hype can confuse people.
                  it's not really hype. peops just want Gennady to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Well

--------------------------------------------------------------

Who could forget Stevens winning because he's black?
                    Interesting, cant get everyone to agree on something I guess. The first two aren't that bad if Stevens wins it will probably be a shocking knockout so if one is to go against the grain fuck it go big or go home I guess. The third one lol

Comment

GGG doesn't need hype, his skills will do the talking for itself. Just give him a chance. He's been fighting on national television for less then a year.
                      I agree, GGG has the skills to be a dominant champ but developing a fan friendly personality will help him land big money fights.

Skills can olny get you so far, see the outcome of the Ward vs Froch fight for a perfect example. Ward has more skill as demonstrated in their fight, yet Froch's popularity has grown because of his personality while Ward is ignored because he doesn't appeal to the masses.

GGG should be thanking Stevens, this fight wasn't interesting until Stevens began to run his mouth....

Comment

Working...
                      X