No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
    Again, your vision and description of this fight is slightly off. Why would Wlad tire? Ali would be doing all the moving around, while Wlad just stays in the middle of the ring, only slightly coming forward with his pawing jab and making it difficult for Ali to land his signature jab, yet alone unload combination on him like did with these other Rocky Balboa-esque fighters. It would be reminisce to Wlad vs Ibragimov (you know one of the most boring fights where Wlad didn't get to KO his opponent), only way more competitive (because I give Ali more credit than that, he is no Ibragimov). Sultan did a good job in boxing and defense, but he could never quite do enough and Wlad's jab kept him at bay.
    Again, once Wlad is tired, he gets sparked out. We seem to agree on this.

So:

Why will Wlad tire? Because that's what Wlad does. Because missing punches makes you tired and that's what Ali does. Makes you miss punches. While punching you. For 15 rounds. Without tiring.

Not gonna' ridicule your mentioning Ibragimov in this context.

Why? Cause I am a nice guy and everybody makes mistakes.

Or maybe I'm being trolled as some folks in this thread have opined. If so, you got me...I took the hook, but am about to wriggle off in

Comment

You're talking about accomplishments not Head-to-Head match up. Even if I ranked Wlad as the 100th best Heavyweight of all-times, it doesn't change the fact that I think he could've beaten Ali.

This knee-jerk hysteria of challenging the status-quo consensus that a Wlad Klitschko could beat Ali is hilarious. Like, "how dare you even make the case", while all sorts of absurd predictions are made "Ali Ko's him in 5 rounds".

For the record, I have him breaking in the Top 10 for sure. I don't argue about accomplishments too much, as the bums that Joe Louis' defeated typically are regarded better than the bums that Wlad supposedly beat just on pure bias for the past, never mind the good skilled fighters that both beat. So no point in arguing achievements, hence why most Wlad trolls resort to giving his mathematical achievements in the form of Title defenses, Ko percentage, win to loss ratio etc,. Because those can't be disputed.
      Head to head Wlad had the same or similar advantages over the people he lost to that weren't the same caliber of fighter as Ali

Why is it a big problem that if those fighters could blast Wlad out of there that a fighter the caliber of Ali who is clearly levels above the fighters Wlad lost to couldn't???

Comment

Wishful thinking. Lets keep in mind that Wlad is the only who 90% time does what you just described to all of his opponents.
        You sound like Jimmy. LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
          Who did either Klitschko beat that is remotely as good as Ali? I see a bigger gap, personally, looking that way than the other. And yes, Vitali and Wlad are better than Terrell, but Ali-Terrell was not close. It was very one-sided. Fighting a man with a height advantage he was completely non-plussed.

Vitali and Wlad have been tested once at the very highest level between them, and Vitali lost on a TKO. Whatever you make of the "complete package" the brothers supposedly represent, they basically have never proven themselves to be in Ali's class. You obviously have tremendous faith in your analytical abilities and so are comfortable in your breakdown, but for most other people Ali is the natural pick. There is a reason for this.
          Couldn't resist stopping to compliment this post before I bail from this thread. Troll thread or no, this is a nice post.

The emboldened part expresses the brothers K perfectly imo, God love em'...they had only one chance to compete at the highest level and Vitali blew it.

And he's the better of the 2.

Now, if I may be permitted:

Eject, eject, eject!1!!!11

Comment

• The glass would get carved up and played like a puppet

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              Head to head Wlad had the same or similar advantages over the people he lost to that weren't the same caliber of fighter as Ali

Why is it a big problem that if those fighters could blast Wlad out of there that a fighter the caliber of Ali who is clearly levels above the fighters Wlad lost to couldn't???
              Ah, but we're talking about a matchup of a Prime 1960's Ali (You know, not the one who lost to Frazier, Norton or Holmes), therefore we should extend that same courtesy to Wlad. A prime Wlad is the one AFTER the Sanders and Brewster losses, the one who improved a few wrinkles in his game under the tutelage of R.i.P. Emmanuel Steward. Therefore using those losses is irrelevant, as me using the Frazier loss to make my point.

Prime 1960's Ali Vs Prime 2006-2012 version of Wlad. Even the not-so-prime Wlad wasn't a bad fighter, even though he lost a few fights, but that's not the one we're using in this match up.
              Last edited by cupocity303; 01-24-2013, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                  Again, once Wlad is tired, he gets sparked out. We seem to agree on this.

So:

Why will Wlad tire? Because that's what Wlad does. Because missing punches makes you tired and that's what Ali does. Makes you miss punches. While punching you. For 15 rounds. Without tiring.

Not gonna' ridicule your mentioning Ibragimov in this context.

Why? Cause I am a nice guy and everybody makes mistakes.

Or maybe I'm being trolled as some folks in this thread have opined. If so, you got me...I took the hook, but am about to wriggle off in

Pot calling the kettle black. I gave you a serious reply and the best you can come up with is unsubstantiated replies of the same. "That's what Wlad does" is not an answer. That's not what Wlad does. That's what Wlad did when not at his peak against aggressive, come-forward knockout punchers. And that's not what Wlad would do against a prime-mover, who doesn't even throw punches correctly, didn't even TKO lesser opponents in his prime when he was Heavyweight Champion, and finally he couldn't do against a 250 pound, 6'6 man with proven Boxing skills that have given him 59 wins with 50 ko's, most of which were one-sided (no matter what you personally think about the quality of those opponents, because we can play that game with Ali's record as well all day long).

Comment

• Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                    You sound like Jimmy. LMAO
                    Personal Ad-Hominem attacks?

Lets focus on the points being made rather than attack the person.

Comment

• And yes, I believe I remember someone named Jimmy from previous Klitschko vs somebody threads. He usually defends Vitali more than Wlad. Though I'm not sure since I don't post on NSB as much as The Lounge, since it's filled with too many nitwit ******s from all walks of life.

Comment

Working...
                      X