No announcement yet.

Lets put the 5th fight talks to bed already.... 4 were enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evilution KO View Post
    I don't post much on here but I must say that the talk about a 5th fight sounds crazy to me and would like to discuss it in detail. I've been ending all 5th fight conversations with my friends with just one question: If it were Marquez on the ground asleep after a HUGE left hand by Pacquiao would we even be talking about another rematch?... no we wouldn't. We would take that as Pac being the better of the two and left it at that. So that begs the question, why do we need another fight? because it was exciting? come on. They did this fourth fight because the previous three left many questions unanswered. Many felt Marquez won the last fight. Manny wanted the rematch as much as Marquez did, Manny wanted to end it badly and so did Marquez. The KO brought closure to this series. Marquez is nearly 40 years old already, big payday or not, there is nothing else he can do in Boxing that can match what he did on Saturday night. On that note just walk away.

Now let's say there will be a rematch... OK boxing gurus when will that be? do you think Manny is just going to sit for a couple of weeks and then decide to jump right into the ring VS JMM? no F-ing way!!!

Manny if he fights again will take a few months off. More than likely fight a tune up vs a soft opponent. That will be a good 8 months from now. Then if all goes well sign up for a fight vs Marquez about 6 months from there. So we're talking about anywhere from 1 year to 18 months from now.

So is Marquez supposed to sit idle during that time and fight again at the age of nearly 42? come on give me a break. So what happens if JMM losses do we have a 6th when he is 44?

Enough is enough, IMHO I think they should both retire. Both are great champions who should walk away with their winnings and their health. The timeframe does not work specially for Marquez. Recovering from a KO like that is a time sensitive issue which Pac should not rush if he wants to recapture anything he had. I personally do not think fighters recover from something like that specially in the twilight of their careers... your thoughts..

It's different if Manny KOed Marquez because that would mean that officially Manny never lost and more importantly, Marquez never won plus got KOed.

Since Manny gave Marquez all these chances then I ask you, why shouldn't Marquez return the favor once?

Of course, if Marquez wants to retire or say Manny retires or doesn't want the fight then .... no fight .......

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      See, this argument could work if it had been a close fight and Marquez got the decision while many people believed Pacquiao deserved it. That wasn't the case, Marquez knocked Pacquiao into another dimension and gave us all closure. Let me ask you this, had it been Pacquiao that knocked Marquez out in the 6th round, would you be here asking for a 5th fight?

Didn't think so.
      it was a close fight fool...all of thier fights were close....even up until the ko , pac was winning ..

Comment

Pac fans are turning into Klitschko fans

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          and the ones that dont want this fight know there's a bigger chance of jmm losing than winning next time around....

i dont wanna say it was a lucky punch but it's almost like a lucky win...1 second remaining then the KO ? come one now...if jmm can beat pac again, then i dont wanna see anymore rematches
          Lol, you just want them to fight again because you can't handle Manny losing the way he did. Crying about him having to give Manny a rematch... Do you even know why Manny gave Marquez a rematch? It was for money first and pride second(because the mass majority said he lost the 3rd fight and nearly all of the fights they been in). He has no other real options and this is why they were trying to set up Rios vs Manny. This 4th fight was suppose to end in a KO and guess how it ended? They even promoted this fight as the final fight and that it had to end in a KO. Marquez should take this great win and retire because the dude has been in more wars then Manny and he is years older then Manny.
          Last edited by Zano-24; 12-11-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I want the 5th Lets go Marquez just tied it lets say a Knock the fk out counts for 2! lol I kind of do wish he would have knocked him out later if that's how it was going to be, maybe I'm just greedy here but that fight was fireworks from beginning to end I wanted to keep watching. And that's why i wouldn't mind a 5th i could not care less who wins at this point they both deserve to win, but the ones who win the most are the people who are buying the fight knowing they wont get another shitty snooze fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
              Lol, you just want them to fight again because you can't handle Manny losing the way he did. Crying about him having to give Manny a rematch... Do you even know why Manny gave Marquez a rematch? It was for money first and pride second(because the mass majority said he lost the 3rd fight and nearly all of the fights they been in). He has no other real options and this is why they were trying to set up Rios vs Manny. This 4th fight was suppose to end in a KO and guess how it ended? Marquez should take this great win and retire because the dude has been in more wars then Manny and he is years older then Manny.
              id' be a hypocrite if i deny the fact that i wanted pac to win....it was always the money, thats the main motivation for all fighters, i dont even know why you brought it up...

if they fight agin , it will be for the money but there's more to that now for both fighters..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                it was a close fight fool...all of thier fights were close....even up until the ko , pac was winning ..
                You didn't address my question Pugs, would you want to see a 5th fight if Pacquiao had been the one who scored the KO? No, so it's double standards here we're dealing with.

Pac was winning by one round, it was mid way through the fight who knows exactly how it could have played out right? Well, the reason we don't know is because Pacquiao took a nap in front of millions.

The 3rd fight wasn't close honestly, me and the MASS majority of the boxing media believed Marquez won that fight and was completely screwed. If anything this was Manny's chance to actually beat Marquez, couldn't do it and instead he got destroyed in the process.

Comment

You didn't address my question Pugs, would you want to see a 5th fight if Pacquiao had been the one who scored the KO? No, so it's double standards here we're dealing with.

Pac was winning by one round, it was mid way through the fight who knows exactly how it could have played out right? Well, the reason we don't know is because Pacquiao took a nap in front of millions.

The 3rd fight wasn't close honestly, me and the MASS majority of the boxing media believed Marquez won that fight and was completely screwed. If anything this was Manny's chance to actually beat Marquez, couldn't do it and instead he got destroyed in the process.
                  ofcourse not..pac has already 2 decison wins over jmm..that ko ( if it came from pac) would've been the real seal to the deal....jmm got a defintive win , but still only 1 win..

and your wrong agin, majorty of fans had the 3rd fight a close one too..so cut the BS

Comment

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ma..._(3rd_meeting)

Among the unofficial scorers above, 57 scored the bout for Marquez, 51 scored the bout for Pacquiao, and the remaining 36 scored the bout a draw.

Comment

I'd watch that again, definitely. Great fight, the fifth could be even better.

Comment

Working...
                      X