Prime 147 Shane Vs Prime 147 Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think so too, Mosley KO Floyd in the 4rth round

Comment

I think Floyd still outboxes him. But, if a prime Shane gets Floyd hurt the same way as the second round, he finishes him.

Comment

This 2nd Round that Shane had against Floyd has become the stuff of legend LOL. smh

Floyd got caught flush and got buckled. Its happened to Mosley a million times throughout his career lol.

Shane has a lot of flaws a pure boxer can exploit. He can get timed, gets picked apart by the jab, opens himself up when he doesn't need to, etc. He had these flaws at the beginning of his career and he continues to have them.

I love watching Shane do his thing, he's exciting, he's active, and is still stronger and faster than a lot of dudes. But at no point in his career has he been equipped to beat Floyd.

Comment

Young Mosley who could throw bombs non-stop til the 12th...and not get tired in the middle of the second when you have your guy hurt and ready to go?

I'm going with prime Shane.

Shane basically looked NOTHING like the Shane he used to look like. Shane's feet might even be faster than Floyd's at 147 (back then).

No way I can pick any of the guys at 147 right now over Shane in his prime.

Shane used to have a rapid active jab..now he noodles it around..

You used to be able to hit Shane once, and he'd be in your face throwing twice as much as what you threw.

You even give Shane a dirty look now and he gives you a hug and starts talking in the ring.

Shane isn't a fighter anymore.

There's much debate when it comes to Floyd being able to beat the big 3 at the time in Tito, Oscar, and Shane. Love Floyd's skills, but the fact you can even ask this question makes you question the victory's validity.
          Last edited by NearHypnos; 04-21-2012, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Young Mosley who could throw bombs non-stop til the 12th...and not get tired in the middle of the second when you have your guy hurt and ready to go?

I'm going with prime Shane.

Shane basically looked NOTHING like the Shane he used to look like. Shane's feet might even be faster than Floyd's at 147 (back then).

No way I can pick any of the guys at 147 right now over Shane in his prime.

Shane used to have a rapid active jab..now he noodles it around..

You used to be able to hit Shane once, and he'd be in your face throwing twice as much as what you threw.

You even give Shane a dirty look now and he gives you a hug and starts talking in the ring.

Shane isn't a fighter anymore.

There's much debate when it comes to Floyd being able to beat the big 3 at the time in Tito, Oscar, and Shane. Love Floyd's skills, but the fact you can even ask this question makes you question the victory's validity.
            The only question is because of size. While those guys could fill out WW very well, Floyd is just recently started to fill out and even then he's only 150 in the ring.

If he was there size then there would be no debate. With me there is no debate either way, espically with teh way both Tito & Shane have looked against pure boxers. Shane did all that stuff you said and Im a huge fan but I think people forget that many said Shane had maybe the worst resume of all time for a top fighter until the Oscar fight.

He won that but then lost his next 4 big fights and 5 if you think he lost to Oscar so I think Floyd gets underrated when it comes to stuff like this and the other guys get hyped up

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              The only question is because of size. While those guys could fill out WW very well, Floyd is just recently started to fill out and even then he's only 150 in the ring.

If he was there size then there would be no debate. With me there is no debate either way, espically with teh way both Tito & Shane have looked against pure boxers. Shane did all that stuff you said and Im a huge fan but I think people forget that many said Shane had maybe the worst resume of all time for a top fighter until the Oscar fight.

He won that but then lost his next 4 big fights and 5 if you think he lost to Oscar so I think Floyd gets underrated when it comes to stuff like this and the other guys get hyped up

You have to also remember that Shane wasn't exactly a big WW. He jumped up 2 classes (bypassed 140) for Oscar and from then he fought a bigger Vernon Forrest and lost (apparently Shane has never been able to beat this guy, even in the amateurs lol..he was Shane's guy). He then inexplicably moves up AGAIN to 154 and just gets chewed up by the big and strong Winky. Shane fought these guys when nobody else would, he was fearless and that's what I loved about him. I do have some bias towards Shane, I won't hide it. But I think he was the real deal.

Comment

Mosley would present a threat, but I still believe Floyd would outbox him.
                Manny Pacquiao would be another matter, a young Mosley would withstand all Pacquiao's punches and he'd be the better fighter/boxer, so I'd predict a 7th round KO

Comment

Floyd whoops him. People act like mayweather is the same fighter at welterweight, no he's not. This man was a beast at 135 and an excellent boxer with faster hands, more combinations and much better reflexes. Might I point out that Shane has NEVER beaten a pure boxer with an excellent jab...c'mon now. Floyd got rocked by shane because he stood in front of him like he said he would. But notice after that how shane couldn't touch him. Even Richardson, Mosley's trainer, threatened to stop the fight because shane was getting timed, countered and painted with punches. Go watch the fight. Mosley didn't stop throwing because he was tired, he stopped throwing because he was getting hit damn near every time he tried to land something. The key was the jab, which I repeat, mosley has never had an answer for. But if you stand in front of him and get into a fight, you're done, no questions about that. He's been the hardest punching welterweight in the last 10 yrs..aside from the last two years i think

Comment

I like Mosley, but he gets really overrated as far as how good he was in his prime. He was in no way the perfect beast people seem to remember him as.

Floyd UD, 8-4 or 7-5, but clear he won.

Comment

Shane caught Mayweather with his best shot and couldnt drop floyd. He got him with two big right hands in round two but beyond that lost every second of the fight. He didnt do anything to show he could beat floyd over twelve, he didnt land anything consistently. Its not a guarantee by any means that he is going to land a big shot if they fight again when they were younger. Mayweather showed consistency through the rounds. It is a given mayweather would sweep a lot of rounds and particularly the late rounds where he is always strong.

Everyone saying Mayweather gets stopped early by a young mosley, doesnt account for, 1. mayweather might be more cautious with a prime mosley and 2. would jack mosleys dumb ass come up with the same strategy that allowed mosley to land as nazim did?

Comment

Working...
                      X