Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this was PRIME COTTO vs FLOYD NOW would you feel different about the outcome?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    I thought Cotto had a chance then and i think Cotto has a chance now. So no difference. So many quick to say Cotto is done when i dont think he is.

Cotto lost to a cheating Margarito and a possibly cheating Pac (i dont care what Floyd or others say, Im an athlete myself and I go by my own eyes and i felt something was off)
    Preach on my brotha!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      Interesting comment....We always see Cotto get the crap beat out of him, but we rarely see him frustrated....and he did Low Blow Judah...Man I can foresee some dirty fighting going on on Cotto's behalf....wouldnt it be crazy if New Mayweather was so good offensively, that all his opponents freak out and get frustrated when Floyd is standing too close to them, bringing too much pressure, and they all get frustrated and start fighting dirty...Cotto will throw lowblows, Pac, Martinez, Canelo...everyone's going to try to do whatever it takes to get out of a fight with Mayweather...we all know Marquez said he would never fight Floyd again cuz it was frustrating and humiliating...but against NEW Mayweather, its a WHOLE new party man
      Wouldn't be crazy if you stopped caressing Floyd's balls?

Comment

Originally posted by W@rri0r View Post
        Wouldn't be crazy if you stopped caressing Floyd's balls?
        Yea it would be crazy but I wont stop!..Btw, Quit trolling me brutha...I think this the second time u left me a comment about nothing

Comment

if cotto fought the mayweather who fought gatti---cotto's prime weight is 140 folks, let's not forget, he would have been punished severly--that was floyd at his nastiest in the ring--more combos, more offensive arsenal---cotto would have been ripped to shreds, which he will still be, but it would have been much worse had he fought floyd back in 2004 or 2005--floyd at 140, was in his absolute prime as far as overall killer instinct with tremendous defense still, although he got tagged a bit by corley---something was different abiout floyd at that weight class--i just can't figure it out--i guess at the time--140 was the hottest division or the 2nd hottest, and floyd was showcasing his skills in a different manner at this weight, whihch is why i wished he would have stayed at this weight a little longer because he had it all--he engaged more--he had that killed or be killed instinct--it was his most comfortable wieght class imo---he became too big for the 130's weight divison and started having trouble making weight at 135 and 130 lbs...

there was a reason he moved up so fast--the stepping stone fights were there---i really wished he fought kosta at that weight before ricky got to him, but it turns out he didnt' so be it...cotto would have been torn to shreds if you ask me--just like max kellerman pointed out after the gatti fight wit floyd---i wish ricky found the guts to fight him back in 2004 and 2005---he wasn't ready for floyd yet, and these are his words, but he was the ring magazine champion of the divison, albeit not considered the greatest fighter in that division at the time--that title belonged to floyd and nobody really believed anyone could fuk with floyd at that time--and i truly mean nobody--cotto nor arum reached out for a fight with mayweather jr...not at all--not once--bob didn't want to put cotto anywhere near the fuker---and he was very smart not to do so--cotto, although moving up the ranks pretty well, was too too green for floyd and he knew it--he is still too green for floyd and that's because floyd is so many notches above everyone else in boxing--he put his craft together at a young and and mastered it a long time ago--

imo he is dAmN NEAR IMPSSOIBLE TO DEFEAT, AND NEITHER COTTO NORE MANNY WILL GET THE JOB DONE--DEAL WITH IT--PRIME OR NOT, FLOYD DOMINATES THEM BOTH WITH EASE---AND NOTHING IS REALLY EASY IN BOXING--THAT'S HOW MTHODICALLY SOUND HE IS--TOO SKILLED--

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Yea it would be crazy but I wont stop!..Btw, Quit trolling me brutha...I think this the second time u left me a comment about nothing
            The way you nuthug is intriguing to me. I feel like it could be compared to a little girl dreaming about the day of her wedding. Or a little kid shooting hoops on the playground, dreaming that one day he could be like Mike. I can just picture you thinking about Floyd with such a passion that just drives you to be one of the biggest nuthuggers I have witnessed. It is quite intriguing brother.

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
              if cotto fought the mayweather who fought gatti---cotto's prime weight is 140 folks, let's not forget, he would have been punished severly--that was floyd at his nastiest in the ring--more combos, more offensive arsenal---cotto would have been ripped to shreds, which he will still be, but it would have been much worse had he fought floyd back in 2004 or 2005--floyd at 140, was in his absolute prime as far as overall killer instinct with tremendous defense still, although he got tagged a bit by corley---something was different abiout floyd at that weight class--i just can't figure it out--i guess at the time--140 was the hottest division or the 2nd hottest, and floyd was showcasing his skills in a different manner at this weight, whihch is why i wished he would have stayed at this weight a little longer because he had it all--he engaged more--he had that killed or be killed instinct--it was his most comfortable wieght class imo---he became too big for the 130's weight divison and started having trouble making weight at 135 and 130 lbs...

there was a reason he moved up so fast--the stepping stone fights were there---i really wished he fought kosta at that weight before ricky got to him, but it turns out he didnt' so be it...cotto would have been torn to shreds if you ask me--just like max kellerman pointed out after the gatti fight wit floyd---i wish ricky found the guts to fight him back in 2004 and 2005---he wasn't ready for floyd yet, and these are his words, but he was the ring magazine champion of the divison, albeit not considered the greatest fighter in that division at the time--that title belonged to floyd and nobody really believed anyone could fuk with floyd at that time--and i truly mean nobody--cotto nor arum reached out for a fight with mayweather jr...not at all--not once--bob didn't want to put cotto anywhere near the fuker---and he was very smart not to do so--cotto, although moving up the ranks pretty well, was too too green for floyd and he knew it--he is still too green for floyd and that's because floyd is so many notches above everyone else in boxing--he put his craft together at a young and and mastered it a long time ago--

imo he is dAmN NEAR IMPSSOIBLE TO DEFEAT, AND NEITHER COTTO NORE MANNY WILL GET THE JOB DONE--DEAL WITH IT--PRIME OR NOT, FLOYD DOMINATES THEM BOTH WITH EASE---AND NOTHING IS REALLY EASY IN BOXING--THAT'S HOW MTHODICALLY SOUND HE IS--TOO SKILLED--
              When I saw this, it was WAAAAY too long to read...once I read the first sentence, I was glued...You made some awesome points....NO WAY could Cotto defeat the man who battered Gatti..this is why he sat in the audience scared ****less...Man sometimes when I watch Floyd vs Ortiz...its almost unreal what ur witnessing...a guy standing in front of you, and u cant land a finger on him...when ur high, it seems like Victor Ortiz is in the ring with an alien...its like, there is OBVIOUSLY something NOTICABLY different about these two fighters...one of them is a human, but the other is a creature...he keeps moving, and melting in between punches like a magnet...cant get hit...and has this taciturn facial expression, like a silent beast who says nothing thru the mouth guard...doesnt frown, simply smirks, and makes the hissing sound that a snake makes, everytime he strikes with a sharp left hand...Floyd by TKO 7 rounds
              Last edited by MurkaMan; 03-16-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by W@rri0r View Post
                The way you nuthug is intriguing to me. I feel like it could be compared to a little girl dreaming about the day of her wedding. Or a little kid shooting hoops on the playground, dreaming that one day he could be like Mike. I can just picture you thinking about Floyd with such a passion that just drives you to be one of the biggest nuthuggers I have witnessed. It is quite intriguing brother.
                Well I am a boxing fan...Its hard for me to believe ANYONE who is a boxing fan, can sit and watch Mayweather without scratching your head in amazement..Mayweather is like the Mike Jackson of Boxing...NO one is that talented...you people hate the guy, but he's a chld prodigy...he's mentally ******ed...mentally abnormal....some child prodigies have a chemical imbalance...Floyd is like a kid with autism...he's so brilliant, that he is half mentally ill....People who dislike Floyd, amaze me...call me what you want Troll!..If I want to be impressed with Mayweather, then let me be impressed...Im gonna do what I want to do son!

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                  The Prime Cotto that had to cheat against Judah, or the one who got KTFO against Margarito?

Floyd still wins, maybe by a more competitive decision.
                  When u say cheat u mean the elbows that floyd has hit his last 4 opponents with right

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post

Cotto's prime weight wasn't 140. True, he was undefeated at 140, but it wasn't his prime weight. Cotto was in his prime at 147 around 2007 when he beat Judah and Mosley, but he's not as far removed from it as people think. He's a more mature fighter who no longer possesses the killer instinct that he once did, but that also means that he's not as reckless as he once was. How many times have you seen a knockout artist that let his hands go against everyone and killed them come up against a great boxer in a fight that was hyped up only to be totally outclassed(think cooney-holmes)?

I personally think Cotto has more of a chance to beat Floyd now than he did then, both because of Floyd slowing down slightly and Cotto not being quite as reckless as he was(because after being beaten twice he thinks about it more before letting his hands go now). If he manages to mix it up intelligently between boxing Floyd and attacking him aggressively, it's anyones fight.

Also, saying that Floyd is near impossible to beat is stupid. I scored the first Castillo fight to Castillo by 2 points, so there you go.....

For the record, I'm not saying Cotto will beat Floyd, but he has much more of a chance than most people seem to think, and with the right corner and training, it's a distinct possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by VaBoriKua2012 View Post
                      When u say cheat u mean the elbows that floyd has hit his last 4 opponents with right
                      No I was talking about intentional shots to the nuts when he gets hurt

Comment

Working...
                      X