Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You Belive...WTF. iPhone 4s. Really?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple’s new iPhone 4S puts amazing Siri personal assistant at user’s beck and call (with video)
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 · 6:52 pm · 54 Comments

“Apple demonstrated an intelligent voice recognition app called Siri that turns the upcoming iPhone 4S into a personal assistant,” Marguerite Reardon reports for CNET. “The app, which uses natural language, is still in beta tests. But it will likely become a feature on the soon-to-be-released iPhone 4S.”
    “By simply holding down the home or ‘I’ button on the device, users can launch the app and be given a list of commands that will allow them to play songs, call people, create text messages, set up meetings, reminders, directions and dictate emails by simply speaking at their phones,” Reardon reports. “Other commands that can be activated by voice are checking the weather and stock prices, setting alarms, looking up addresses, writing notes in the Notes app and searching the web.”

Reardon reports, “Part of what makes the app so advanced and unique is its ability to use natural language and to respond in that natural language back to users… Scott Forstall, head of Apple iOS, demonstrated how the app could do even more advanced things, such as remind him to do things. He said, “Remind me to call my wife when I leave work.” And then Siri asks, ‘Here’s your reminder for when you leave work. Shall I create it?’”

Comment

Originally posted by THREAD-KILLER View Post
      Tbh, I have a 4, and I've seen what a droid can do and I'm jealous. Apple is like an abusive but hot girl. You know she's bad for you, but you keep coming back because you like showing her off.
      It is... I want an HDMI output ffs.

And, I know it'll NEVER happen.

Although you can do wireless mirrroring on your hdtv for $99 bucks, which is pretty sick.

Comment

I want this:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post

Apple’s new iPhone 4S puts amazing Siri personal assistant at user’s beck and call (with video)
          Tuesday, October 4, 2011 · 6:52 pm · 54 Comments

“Apple demonstrated an intelligent voice recognition app called Siri that turns the upcoming iPhone 4S into a personal assistant,” Marguerite Reardon reports for CNET. “The app, which uses natural language, is still in beta tests. But it will likely become a feature on the soon-to-be-released iPhone 4S.”
          “By simply holding down the home or ‘I’ button on the device, users can launch the app and be given a list of commands that will allow them to play songs, call people, create text messages, set up meetings, reminders, directions and dictate emails by simply speaking at their phones,” Reardon reports. “Other commands that can be activated by voice are checking the weather and stock prices, setting alarms, looking up addresses, writing notes in the Notes app and searching the web.”

Reardon reports, “Part of what makes the app so advanced and unique is its ability to use natural language and to respond in that natural language back to users… Scott Forstall, head of Apple iOS, demonstrated how the app could do even more advanced things, such as remind him to do things. He said, “Remind me to call my wife when I leave work.” And then Siri asks, ‘Here’s your reminder for when you leave work. Shall I create it?’”
          If that works as advertised then that's a game changer.

Sure Voice rec exists.... but not on that level.

We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            If that works as advertised then that's a game changer.

Sure Voice rec exists.... but not on that level.

We'll see.

Siri has largely been ignored, instead focusing on the fact that the design not changing.

It does a lot more than shown in that video as well.

Comment

OMG!! It's actually amazing!!

http://www.apple.com/iphone/#video-4s

Comment

Working...
              X