No announcement yet.

KIRKLAND loss is almost MEANINGLESS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KIRKLAND loss is almost MEANINGLESS

Sure it kinda crushes the Tyson-esque invincibility he had going for him, but lets be serious here guys, the loss literally means nothing.

He lost to a guy he would have POUNDED before he went to jail.

Going from literally 10 to 15 years of getting hit every day to suddenly not getting hit once for two years HAS to effect the conditioning of your chin.

He just has to spar more and build up his punch resistance again.

i wouldn't be surprised if we see a rematch at this time next year and Kirkland blows him away in a round or two.

First round KO's are nearly impossible to tell anything from. They usually occur cause fighters get caught cold or suprirsed. It happens.

Kirkland's career is far from over

I never felt any type of tysonesque in him. Not even remotely.

Comment

So sparring is going to suddenly get his chin back. Let's hope. But I think it's forever going to stay in jail where he left it.

Comment

his chin was always supect....

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
          Kirkland's career is far from over
          What? Please overreact like all the other threads. No Sanity Allowed!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
            his chin was always supect....
            That's interesting. Suspect by whom? And why? I only saw the guy fight a couple of times but never noticed any chin weakness. rather he was producing chin weaknesses in his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              That's interesting. Suspect by whom? And why? I only saw the guy fight a couple of times but never noticed any chin weakness. rather he was producing chin weaknesses in his opponents.
              He's been down before this fight.

Comment

He has been down and/or hurt multiple times before prison.

Comment

hes been down a few times and was on shakey legs in his last fight

Comment

Can someone please explain how he is any different?

He was rocked in almost every high profile fight he had before prison.

Comment

Working...
                    X