Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: McGregor: I Was Minding My Business, Mayweather Called Me Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No the MMA Media started with the McGregor and Rousey can beat Mayweather they it kept coming up and Dana White started using it to Market Rousey and McGregor they McGregor started running with it because I guess his fans gassed him up and he starting believing the hype

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
      Unless you live under a rock, you should know who connor mcgregor is, that dude is everywhere
      No one except MMA fans knows who he is. Everyone knows Mayweather, boxing fans and casuals. Say "Mayweather" in any setting from a dementia clinic to kindergarten and they'll immediately associate it with some boxer. Connor is only famous in Ireland and in trailer parks.

Comment

Originally posted by BritBox View Post
        No one except MMA fans knows who he is. Everyone knows Mayweather, boxing fans and casuals. Say "Mayweather" in any setting from a dementia clinic to kindergarten and they'll immediately associate it with some boxer. Connor is only famous in Ireland and in trailer parks.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
          Unless you live under a rock, you should know who connor mcgregor is, that dude is everywhere
          If i wasnt on here i would have no idea who this guy was, no one i know knows who he is and i never see him on tv period

Comment

where do you live in a trailer park or ireland, cause obviously you know who he is

Comment

I like boxing more than I like mma but this comment has to be up there with some of the more ridiculous things I've read on this forum (which is saying a lot)
              Anyone reading this please don't judge boxing fans based on things guys like this say/post

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
                If i wasnt on here i would have no idea who this guy was, no one i know knows who he is and i never see him on tv period
                i am a big fan of both boxing and mma thats how i know who he is

Comment

Well he is right.
                  People had forgot about mayweather and outta nowhere he mentioned a possible fight against mcgregor

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    Hasn't the ufc and Connor been overly possessed with Floyd since the Ronald Rousey days? I think Connors unhealthy possession is just the fact that he's still nowhere in the league that Floyd is in his trapdoor sport. Financially or in terms of a legacy. Oh well, it's nice to see him keep boxing in the spotlight
                    You are trippin man. Financially no UFC fighter is in Floyd's league because the league takes most the revenue. But in numbers generated? Floyd has had two shows better than Mcgregor: Pacquiao, and Canelo. Maybe Cotto I forget. Otherwise, compare what Mcgregor has been doing lately with his average opponents like Alvarez or Diaz to what Floyd did with all his other Showtime fights like Guerrero, Maidana, Berto, etc, and Mcgregor has better numbers. He is the bigger star right now no question.

As for legacy, it's not even close. Mcgregor first two-weight UFC champ, has gone up in weight 10, 25 pounds at a time, just crazy stuff. And I don't mean like Floyd where he started as a teenager, and went up in weight naturally to his natural weight, welterweight. I'm talking as an already established pro, at 27-28 years of age, Mcgregor went up in weight the way Floyd has never dared to.

Mcgregor also took down the #1 P4P fighter in the sport during that guy's prime, and knocked him out in 13 seconds. Floyd has never taken on a prime opponent like Aldo at Aldo's best weight, let alone knocked him out.

Floyd is a hometown hypejob. Jab, clinch. Straight right, clinch. Run around the ring posing for your hometown judges. Tell your opponent what kind of gloves they have to use, how big the ring gotta be, what tests they have to do while you don't have to do them, etc etc. He is the Lance Armstrong of boxing. A likely PED cheat. That's why everyone calls him Froid Mayweather. And if you're a Floyd fan you need to be a real man and call Froid out for probably cheating because y'all certainly called out Pacquiao with no evidence, no TUEs or reports of failed A-samples, yet with Froid you don't say anything when he used all that illegal saline which is known to mask steroids, and when it was the one fight he refused to do a same-day weigh-in even though it was the biggest fight.

Floyd will go down in boxing history as a hypejob who benefited from ducking and cheating his entire prime, who ducked his top rival for years then still couldn't beat him decisively even when he only had one good shoulder because Floyd's athletic commission wouldn't let him use his medicine on it while meanwhile Floyd was allowed to use illegal IVs lol. Floyd will never go down amongst the boxing greats. Never. You might think so because of the **** he talks and because he has fan boys, but among the real boxing public, the real historians who look at it objectively, and the international boxing community, Floyd will go down as a joke. And once these other fighters don't feel like they can make money sucking up to him, they will start to speak the truth about him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      You are trippin man. Financially no UFC fighter is in Floyd's league because the league takes most the revenue. But in numbers generated? Floyd has had two shows better than Mcgregor: Pacquiao, and Canelo. Maybe Cotto I forget. Otherwise, compare what Mcgregor has been doing lately with his average opponents like Alvarez or Diaz to what Floyd did with all his other Showtime fights like Guerrero, Maidana, Berto, etc, and Mcgregor has better numbers. He is the bigger star right now no question.

As for legacy, it's not even close. Mcgregor first two-weight UFC champ, has gone up in weight 10, 25 pounds at a time, just crazy stuff. And I don't mean like Floyd where he started as a teenager, and went up in weight naturally to his natural weight, welterweight. I'm talking as an already established pro, at 27-28 years of age, Mcgregor went up in weight the way Floyd has never dared to.

Mcgregor also took down the #1 P4P fighter in the sport during that guy's prime, and knocked him out in 13 seconds. Floyd has never taken on a prime opponent like Aldo at Aldo's best weight, let alone knocked him out.

Floyd is a hometown hypejob. Jab, clinch. Straight right, clinch. Run around the ring posing for your hometown judges. Tell your opponent what kind of gloves they have to use, how big the ring gotta be, what tests they have to do while you don't have to do them, etc etc. He is the Lance Armstrong of boxing. A likely PED cheat. That's why everyone calls him Froid Mayweather. And if you're a Floyd fan you need to be a real man and call Froid out for probably cheating because y'all certainly called out Pacquiao with no evidence, no TUEs or reports of failed A-samples, yet with Froid you don't say anything when he used all that illegal saline which is known to mask steroids, and when it was the one fight he refused to do a same-day weigh-in even though it was the biggest fight.

Floyd will go down in boxing history as a hypejob who benefited from ducking and cheating his entire prime, who ducked his top rival for years then still couldn't beat him decisively even when he only had one good shoulder because Floyd's athletic commission wouldn't let him use his medicine on it while meanwhile Floyd was allowed to use illegal IVs lol. Floyd will never go down amongst the boxing greats. Never. You might think so because of the **** he talks and because he has fan boys, but among the real boxing public, the real historians who look at it objectively, and the international boxing community, Floyd will go down as a joke. And once these other fighters don't feel like they can make money sucking up to him, they will start to speak the truth about him too.
                      Great Post ....

Comment

Working...
                      X