Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: We Never Rejected 168 For Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as i like ward, he did "avoid" GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Objectivity View Post
      you;re just mad, because i had what it takes to call a fight for kovalev, even doe i was rooting for ward. again, objectivism personified
      if true, sure

I'm not convinced either of those things happened

Comment

• Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
        I believe Ward's camp more than Little G's.

How many times are we going to hear about Little G's camp not being able to make a fight with an opponent?

Just think about this... Why would Ward move up to fight a more difficult fighter in Kovalev when Ward would not be expected to win?

Canelo gave Cotto and Floyd everything they wanted. Now it's his turn to call the shots and the numbers back it up. Canelo will be too much for Little G.

this is ******ed

NOBODY thinks that Ward ducked lil'G

despite what the tards say

they know ^^

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Didn't they clearly and publically stated they wanted Ward at 164lbs?

yes, ALL of them..... on NUMEROUS occasions LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
            I think Golovkin fans need to face the facts..

1. He's never fought ANY elite opponent
            2. He's looked worse his last 2 fights
            3. The only fight that would've made him a real star and not made up was Ward
            4. He's not p4p material
            5. He will retire without having a single significant win.
            6. Loeffler, Sanchez, and k2 completely ****ed his career.

What I find most interesting is that guys are actually willing to fight a guy like Kovalev, lomachenko, etc, but golovkin is this huge avoided fighter? I'm sorry, that simply just makes no sense to me...I think the avoided thing has been a cover up and pure bs and the real truth is being cheap will not get you opponents.

GOOD post !!

they are taking the fights they want, and they are passing on the rest..... just like everyone else

I can name half-a-dozen fighters who Golovkin COULD have fought, but he CHOSE not to..... and ALL of those fighters are better than anyone on his resume'.

Comment

As much as i like ward, he did "avoid" GGG.

right ^^ LMAO

Comment

As much as i like ward, he did "avoid" GGG.
                Ummm, yeah

Comment

• Golovkin's team never rejected Ward at 168. They simply told Ward he would have to wait two years for the fight.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Metho_4u;17242419]I think Golovkin fans need to face the facts..

4. He's not p4p material

What I find most interesting is that guys are actually willing to fight a guy like Kovalev, lomachenko, etc, but golovkin is this huge avoided fighter? I'm sorry, that simply just makes no sense to me...I think the avoided thing has been a cover up and pure bs and the real truth is being cheap will not get you opponents.[/QUOTE

The avoidance excuse works. Richard Schafer used it for years to justify feeding Keith Thurman one punching bag after another.

Comment

• [QUOTE=big_james10;17242613]
                      Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                      I think Golovkin fans need to face the facts..

4. He's not p4p material

What I find most interesting is that guys are actually willing to fight a guy like Kovalev, lomachenko, etc, but golovkin is this huge avoided fighter? I'm sorry, that simply just makes no sense to me...I think the avoided thing has been a cover up and pure bs and the real truth is being cheap will not get you opponents.[/QUOTE

The avoidance excuse works. Richard Schafer used it for years to justify feeding Keith Thurman one punching bag after another.
                      Yeah, but Keith stepped up and fought a tough competitive guy and that was a pick'em fight. It was obvious he needed to step it up, but he did, and showed skill, heart, grit, determination...and a pretty damn good chin too!

Comment

Working...
                      X