Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward-Sergey Kovalev PPV Show Barely Cracked 160K Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    if anything other than an idictment of the inadequacy of duva and RN to promote what should be a megafight, this is a major indicment of the boxingfanbase.

200k people post on this website. why 160k buys?

which of you didn't suppor this fight? 40K of you at the very least, and that's if only people who post on bscene are allowed to buy the PPV .

do duva and RN really need to market to you, the guys posting on a boxing forum at 3:00pm on a monday? or are you slipping a bit in your fan duties if you're not buying boxing's ultimate fight?

keep in mind that there was no better fight to be made in boxing. and it flopped. think about that for a minute, particularly in the context of the message that sends to promotors and networks.

how much do you really care about boxing if you didn't order this fight? i'm definitely not made of money. i went to the fight. when i got home i ordered the fight so i could score it before the HBO replay came out. that's how much i appreciated what these guys were willing to do, and what the promotors were trying to do. i'm not sure you can call yourself a fan of boxing if you could afford to pay for this one, and diudn't. nothing wrong with keepingyour priorities where they should be. i have no family, and i'm only responsible for me. if you need to spend money elsewhere, then spend it by all means on the important stuff. but if you call yourself a real fan, and you could buy this fight, but you didn't, then i question your love of the game, and your understanding of what the promotors were trying to do here. they trhew you a bone, and you shunned them. and don
    't get mad when they sell you guerrero and victor oriz, or 9000 year old shane mosley and chris algieri.
    Right on brother! If you are a boxing fan & could afford to buy it, why stream it? & there lies some of the problem. Also the promotion & advertisement for this fight is the weakest that i've ever seen. And I've been watching fights since 1971 (Frazier vs Ali I).

Comment

if anything other than an idictment of the inadequacy of duva and RN to promote what should be a megafight, this is a major indicment of the boxingfanbase.

which of you didn't suppor this fight? 40K of you at the very least, and that's if only people who post on bscene are allowed to buy the PPV .

do duva and RN really need to market to you, the guys posting on a boxing forum at 3:00pm on a monday? or are you slipping a bit in your fan duties if you're not buying boxing's ultimate fight?

keep in mind that there was no better fight to be made in boxing. and it flopped. think about that for a minute, particularly in the context of the message that sends to promotors and networks.

how much do you really care about boxing if you didn't order this fight? i'm definitely not made of money. i went to the fight. when i got home i ordered the fight so i could score it before the HBO replay came out. that's how much i appreciated what these guys were willing to do, and what the promotors were trying to do. i'm not sure you can call yourself a fan of boxing if you could afford to pay for this one, and diudn't. nothing wrong with keepingyour priorities where they should be. i have no family, and i'm only responsible for me. if you need to spend money elsewhere, then spend it by all means on the important stuff. but if you call yourself a real fan, and you could buy this fight, but you didn't, then i question your love of the game, and your understanding of what the promotors were trying to do here. they trhew you a bone, and you shunned them. and don
      't get mad when they sell you guerrero and victor oriz, or 9000 year old shane mosley and chris algieri.
      good post new england.

Comment

• The May/Pac s hit show hurt the sport very badly, the sport won't die but it's on life support. Pac showed up to fight and Mayweather didn't want none, the whole world saw how much of a sissy Mayweather truly was and it pissed of many people because they were ripped off big time.

And some of you on here are deluding yourself, thinking Mayweather was this master salesmen, he never sold on his own, (Mayweather-Berto proved this, he couldn't even crack 1 mill, the so called face of the sport) he needed to be matched up with the right, popular opponent to sell.

Boxing is old and out-dated, it needs to evolve and most importantly, the safety-first tactics (running & over-clinching) needs to stop, it's what's truly destroying the sport. People want excitement and action, not pu$$y fights.
        Last edited by HandsofIron; 11-28-2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
          The May/Pac s hit show hurt the sport very badly, the sport won't die but it's on life support. Pac showed up to fight and Mayweather didn't want none, the whole world saw how much of a sissy Mayweather truly was and it pissed of many people because they were ripped off big time.

And some of you on here are deluding yourself, thinking Mayweather was this master salesmen, he never sold on his own, (Mayweather-Berto proved this, he couldn't even crack 1 mill, the so called face of the sport) he needed to be matched up with the right, popular opponent to sell.

Boxing is old and out-dated, it needs to evolve and most importantly, the safety-first tactics (running & over-clinching) needs to stop, it's what's truly destroying the sport. People want excitement and action, not pu$$y fights.
          I agree the casuals were fooled once but never again at least not for a boring type like gayweather jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            It's out of line with their purses though, and Ward has implied that he wants an even bigger purse for the rematch

I doubt he will ever take another risky fight for less than $5m
            That's a fair point.

Comment

I think those numbers could do with closer analysis

The only reason we got this fight is because relatively small promoters like ME and RN had the fighters. As fans that's what we should be thankful for. We should hope more fighters end up with independent promoters so we can get the fights that matter. PPV and super promoters are a cancer in the sport. The sport is, was, and always will be better off without them.

Comment

• I don't get why people are so sure a rematch does better. It's not like coming out of it people were saying "holy crap that was great, lets do it again," they were saying "ahh sh#t boxing screwed it up again. Guess we should have a rematch and see if we get it right this time."

Comment

• this was the superbowl for hardcores. casuals don't know who these guys are. ward might be a bit more known because he's american but it's not by much. ward is a gifted talent but it takes more than that to do numbers on PPV. .he needs to embrace the villain role..floyd didn't break records because people were in awe of his sweet science, they purchased to see him broken in half. .the death blow to PPV was the mayweather/pacquiao disaster. what these numbers prove is that there's not enough hardcores out there to save this sport. boxing needs casuals to buy in. or just scrap PPV altogether and bring big fights like this back on prime time. .the rematch will not be PPV if these numbers are accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Damn, that's bad news if true. Means the promoters probably took a hit and might hurt the chances of a rematch. That's about $5.8mill, just covers Ward's cut. Not sure what kind of site fee they got from MGM.
                    Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SHHHHHHHHHHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!

Mr.160k hahahahahaha!

Yet Ward fans mocked GGG for doing 150k in his first fight against Lemieux haha, oh man the egg all over the face!

Comment

• Next fight will be on HBO.

I bought this fight but I also paid to see triple g fight Lemieux and Jacobs fight quillin. You gotta support your guys if you can

Comment

Working...
                      X