Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glaser reporting 650,000k buys for Cotto-Canelo........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    He is a boxing parasite like Michael Marley.
    How is he a parasite? Who has he undeservingly hemorrhaged money from?

Also, did you mean Michael Konz ?
    Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    But hey, lets celebrate his "predictions". My favorite from Glaser wasn't a PPV number prediction though, it was a fight prediction which sums up his actual knowledge quite well:
    [indent]“Pacquiao is just a little less shot than both Barrera and Erik Morales. Juan Diaz will go through him worse than a hot knife through butter. When it comes to boxing skills, physical strength and the sheer volume of scoring punches, Juan will destroy Pacquiao.”
    We all have embarrassing predictions.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Dino Duva had a good quote about Glaser too, "Some time after my call with Don King, a slimeball named Rick Glaser, who is not even a promoter and who causes most people to want to scrub themselves clean after being in his company, brought De La Rosa and his 'advisors' to Don King's office for De La Rosa to sign with DKP. Don King signed De La Rosa last week without even telling me. I found out from a very credible journalist whom Glaser called and gloated about screwing me and bringing James to Don. I've been trying to call Don ever since I found this out and he has been ducking my calls. As hard as it is to believe, this is a new low for Don! Sadly, this isn't a new low for Rick Glaser; it's business as usual.
    Did he do anything illegal? Nope. Is a promoter mad? Yes, he mad.
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 12-02-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• #MayPac kill the casual boxing fans

Comment

• Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
        This report is inaccurate and the only people that believe it are the HATERS!!!

The full numbers aren't even in yet, I guarantee it does closer to 1 mil
        Many of us expected it to do around $600k and were excited for the fight. I thought that was a good number since Canelo can't do a PPV w/o another big name attached and Cotto is near done. 1mill would be fantastic but thinking it might be $600k isn't "hating". Don't be small-minded. Being interested in the truth, be it what we want to hear or not, isn't hating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          Whats wrong with believing in Santa Claus? Hes real man!! Ive seen him. Saw him just the other day at the mall
          I rather believe whats in the news that some random guy saying #s and speculating things with out a source... and yea the still counting the fight was sold in 120 countries around the world including Dubai, Australia etc etc...

Comment

• So what? It was a success any way you look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              How is he a parasite? Who has he undeservingly hemorrhaged money from?

Also, did you mean Michael Konz ?

We all have embarrassing predictions.

Did he do anything illegal? Nope. Is a promoter mad? Yes, he mad.
              How do you know he didn't do anything illegal? Not sure why ur getting defensive and feel the need to defend him, ask around, you'll learn about his reputation. And no, I meant Michael Marley, another sleazy character in boxing that writes incredible stuff for attention and certain agendas.

Comment

• This sounds more realistic. Canelo and Cotto aren't exactly loved by their supposed fan base.

I've talked to Mexicans and they all think Canelo is a fabricated hype job. I mean he is in a sense. I think he was managed so carefully however because he was a young boxing prodigy.

Cotto has never been what Trinidad was to Puerto Rico. Also I mean he's sort of let his fans down in high profile fights. Taking career defining beatings from Margarito, Pacquiao, and losing to Floyd and Trout.

PBC is making people not want to pay ppv. Also Mayweather vs Pacquiao made some fans turn away

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Many of us expected it to do around $600k and were excited for the fight. I thought that was a good number since Canelo can't do a PPV w/o another big name attached and Cotto is near done. 1mill would be fantastic but thinking it might be $600k isn't "hating". Don't be small-minded. Being interested in the truth, be it what we want to hear or not, isn't hating.
                  What we're Canelos numbers for Kirkland? Or was that not ppv, I cant remember

Comment

• 553,000 more than Golovkin vs Lemiuex.

Comment

• HBO is probably happy as hell, that is a 570.1% increase in PPV buys from their previous PPV flop, and if all of Glaser's numbers are correct, which we really don't know where he gets them from (Or if you know, reader, please tell me), then Mayweather-Berto's 396k puts it as only the 3rd best selling boxing PPV of the year behind Mayweather vs Pacquiao and Cotto vs Canelo. I mean Mayweather shouldn't be worried, he's in the top 3 twice, and his fight was known to flop coming in due to his poor choice of opponent. Overall it was a great year though, I thought Canelo vs Cotto would be around 500-800k tops, so this is more around the ballpark I was expecting. The three best selling PPV's together did somewhere around 5,400,000 million PPV buys this year. It didn't top 6 million only because Pacquiao didn't fight again this year, also Floyd choosing a better opponent would have made a difference as well. Still 5.4mill PPV's sold has to be the best year in boxing ever no?

Comment

Working...
                      X