No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oquendo Claims Talks are Ongoing For Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
    It's just a stay busy fight, so it doesn't matter who he fights. Wlad wants to fight three times, the voluntary, Povetkin and then another defense in the fall. I would call up Haye for the April bout if I was Boente.
    If Wlad wanted to give Haye his rematch it would have to be further down the line than April. I mean, honestly, Wlad-Haye is the biggest fight out there still for Wlad (money/interest wise). It's kind of sad actually, but that is the state of the HW division these days. It would have to be a summer fight and if they can't find any proper opponents I would imagine that fight would be under serious consideration. Especially because they know Haye wouldn't do the trash talk this time round. But he would get a lot of support from the UK on the back of the Chisora fight/being on public TV and if there's one thing the Klitschko's like it's $$.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
      If Wlad wanted to give Haye his rematch it would have to be further down the line than April. I mean, honestly, Wlad-Haye is the biggest fight out there still for Wlad (money/interest wise). It's kind of sad actually, but that is the state of the HW division these days. It would have to be a summer fight and if they can't find any proper opponents I would imagine that fight would be under serious consideration. Especially because they know Haye wouldn't do the trash talk this time round. But he would get a lot of support from the UK on the back of the Chisora fight/being on public TV and if there's one thing the Klitschko's like it's $$.
      Probably wont happen but in an ideal world it should, since Vitali probably wont fight Haye. If Povetkin doesn't happen it's the fight to make this year.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
        It's just a stay busy fight, so it doesn't matter who he fights. Wlad wants to fight three times, the voluntary, Povetkin and then another defense in the fall. I would call up Haye for the April bout if I was Boente.
        Stay busy fight? He put a request in to postpone his mandatory and have a voluntary defence. A stay busy is when there's nobody to fight at the moment but they want to stay sharp. This is not a stay busy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Stay busy fight? He put a request in to postpone his mandatory and have a voluntary defence. A stay busy is when there's nobody to fight at the moment but they want to stay sharp. This is not a stay busy fight.
          The fight with Povetkin will make more money at an outdoor stadium in summer.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            The fight with Povetkin will make more money at an outdoor stadium in summer.

What is so difficult to understand about that?
            Of course it will and add the the money he makes by fighting an opponent that has no chance at all before and we have what is known as ripping off the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Of course it will and add the the money he makes by fighting an opponent that has no chance at all before and we have what is known as ripping off the fans.
              This isn't brain surgery and shouldn't be that difficult to figure out. Its a fight to get money from gullible fans who will try and make this out to be a solid defense later.

Comment

I'm only new to this site but I had to comment on this article as one of my first posts. I've been watching Boxing for a lot of years now, and to be honest, looking at the record of Fres Oquendo, if Wladimir did fight him, I'd seriously consider watching UFC(and that's something I only do now when there's no boxing on). Without disrespecting the man, as I don't disrespect any man brave enough to fight, this is for the World Heavyweight Championship. His record as of now stands at 35-7(23ko's) and the best men he's fought are Jean-Marc Mormeck who he lost to, and Oliver McCall who he lost to(when McCall was 45). Literally every world class fighter he's lost against i.e Tua, Holyfield, Ruiz with his best win probably coming against Bruce Seldon. For me, these are not grounds to give someone a title shot. Before Oquendo I would honestly try to sign up David Haye for a rematch, or give a shot to someone like Francesco Pianeta, Mike Perez or Kubrat Pulev due to other fighters prior engagements. They really need to sort the heavyweight division out.

Comment

Wladimir should publicly call-out Haye.

There's no way Haye takes a rematch with Wladimir at this stage

Comment

100% NOT TRUE. Never even talked to Oquendo

Comment

Originally posted by boxingchef View Post
                      100% NOT TRUE. Never even talked to Oquendo
                      Can you give us a hint who Wlad's opponent might be? Pulev? Ortiz? Fury?

Comment

Working...
                      X