Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to me how Pacquiao's resume is better/ or comparable to Whitaker?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    With Tim Ryan and Gil Clancy as commentators. I remember it well.

man i sooooo long for those days...boxing on channel 2...world wide sports on channel 7...USA's tuesday night fights with sean ogrady...and i had a black box....it was boxing ALL the time

Comment

[QUOTE=F l i c k e r;5274679]No. I see De La Hoya being remembered and that is it. Unless Marquez does something great in the 140+ divisions, he wont be remembered. Morales wont be either. Barrera tarnished his career.

Oh, let me take that back. They wont be remembered, like they are talked about in the present time. A select few will remember them in the future.[/QUOT

the ones with alzeimers wont remember it!

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
        man i sooooo long for those days...boxing on channel 2...world wide sports on channel 7...USA's tuesday night fights with sean ogrady...and i had a black box....it was boxing ALL the time
        I know. ABC Wide World of Sports always showcased the 84 Olympians. We watched Holyfield, Breland, Taylor, Whitaker all grow as professionals on there. CBS had kickass fights every weekend. I remember Arguello starching Costello near the end their boxing shows. Tim Ryan and Gil Clancy were amazing with their play by play.

And just think, that was almost 25 years ago now!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          I know. ABC Wide World of Sports always showcased the 84 Olympians. We watched Holyfield, Breland, Taylor, Whitaker all grow as professionals on there. CBS had kickass fights every weekend. I remember Arguello starching Costello near the end their boxing shows. Tim Ryan and Gil Clancy were amazing with their play by play.

And just think, that was almost 25 years ago now!LOL

dean, how loaded was that 84 class? like a dream team

125: Meldrick Taylor, Philadelphia, Pa. (1st)
          132: Pernell Whitaker, Norfolk, Va. (1st)
          139: Jerry Page, Columbus, Ohio (1st)
          147: Mark Breland, Brooklyn, N.Y. (1st)
          156: Frank Tate, Detroit, Mich. (1st)
          165: Virgil Hill, Williston, N.D. (2nd)
          178: Evander Holyfield, Atlanta, Ga. (3rd)
          201: Henry Tillman, Los Angeles, Calif. (1st)
          +201: Tyrell Biggs, Philadelphia, Pa. (1st)

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
            dean, how loaded was that 84 class? like a dream team

125: Meldrick Taylor, Philadelphia, Pa. (1st)
            132: Pernell Whitaker, Norfolk, Va. (1st)
            139: Jerry Page, Columbus, Ohio (1st)
            147: Mark Breland, Brooklyn, N.Y. (1st)
            156: Frank Tate, Detroit, Mich. (1st)
            165: Virgil Hill, Williston, N.D. (2nd)
            178: Evander Holyfield, Atlanta, Ga. (3rd)
            201: Henry Tillman, Los Angeles, Calif. (1st)
            +201: Tyrell Biggs, Philadelphia, Pa. (1st)
            Isn't that something? Talk about stacked. A few of them never lived up to their potential but the rest exceeded every expectation.

Comment

Pernell's resume is clearly better. I don't see wat the debate is about...

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                My reading comprehension skills are just fine. In fact they are good enough to see through your bull**** and ignorance when it comes to Pacquiao you jabba the hut fat fu*k.
                your dumbass misread what i wrote. don't play it off.

why are you bringing up ko's like it means anything?

a loss is a loss whether you get knocked out or not. you act like barrera and morales got ktfo a bunch of times.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                  Perror made a thread like this and alot of people didn't explain. The usaully, vote and then break out but I'd like for people to explain. I mean

Whitaker's resume
                  JLR
                  Hurtado
                  JCV
                  JCC
                  Azumah Nelson
                  McGirt
                  Haugen
                  DLH (Prime) (I felt he won this fight)

Pacquiao's resume
                  MAB 2x (His best win)
                  EM Lost, won the 2nd and 3rd fight (3rd fight was unnecessary)
                  JMM Draw, 2nd fight W (Which most people disagree with)
                  David Diaz (Weakest Title Holder at 135)
                  Ricky Hatton (Best JR WW, GREAT win)
                  DLH
                  Sasakul
                  Ledwaba (I still don't know who the fcuk this is, explain why he is such a good name on Pacquiao's resume)

So how could Pacquiao's resume be comparable/ or even better then Whitaker's resume?
                  You cant just pick and choose what you feel certain fighters won or lost and ignore other controversial fights in their career to better suit your argument.

Whether you feel Whitaker beat DLH or not...you have to go by the official ruling.

There are alot of people that felt Pacquiao won the 1st fight with Marquez too but you go by the draw it actually was.

Ledwaba is a good name for Pacquiao's resume not because he was great...but because of all the circumstances involved with that win. Ledwaba was a prime, undefeated belt holder that was being groomed for a unification bout. Pacquiao was jumping in weight 2 divisions and took the fight on only 2 weeks notice. He was at a disadvantage weightwise and preparationwise...and not only did he put on a good showing...he put himself on the map on a grand stage that would otherwise never be afforded a young asian fighter regardless of accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                    Only an idiot!

nelson was finished when sweet pea got him.

Comment

Originally posted by Breadbin View Post
                      nelson was finished when sweet pea got him.
                      Nelson had won 22 fights in a row, going unbeaten for 8 years prior to the Whitaker fight. Nelson held world titles the following 6 years after fighting Whitaker. You obviously have no shame demonstrating how clueless you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X