Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Muhammad Ali - Boxing's Greatest is Gone, 1942-2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A man's death does not change the truth former heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali may have been great fighter, but he was also a shameless draft dodger, who refused to fight for his country in the Vietnam War.Hundreds of thousands of other men, black, white, asian,and hispanic went into the United States armed service because it was their duty to their country and to their families.Muhammad Ali was a great fighter but he will never be a great American or hero.He was certainly no Joe Louis, a black man who proudly served his country in World War II.

Comment

• Vietnam was a misadventure and conscription a mistake. I think he was right not to go, but he could have handled it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Street View Post
        I loved the way Ali gave the finger to White America. Why should a black american fight a white mans' war across the globe in a time when black americans suffered injustice at home. One thing white americans hate is for a black man to stare them right in the eye and tell them NO!! I am not your slave!!!!
        I am not black and I ONE HUNDRED PERCENT agree with every word you say!

Comment

• My view of one of Ali's greatest achievements was how so many repressed young blacks in the 60's and 70's had a superhero that made them realize they were important, they were equal to all men, they meant something to the world. That they had something to look forward to if they could possibly do what Ali did, or simply live vicariously through him. He was their hope, sometimes their only hope, their only escape, from reality, from the desolate poverty they were in. Ali was their superstar and everyone's superstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
            Clay made good money in America but any man who will not defend his country is not much a man. Pity Clay Ali for suffering so long and being felt sorry for. that's it. No hero just a zero.
            You know nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by shemmue View Post
              A man's death does not change the truth former heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali may have been great fighter, but he was also a shameless draft dodger, who refused to fight for his country in the Vietnam War.Hundreds of thousands of other men, black, white, asian,and hispanic went into the United States armed service because it was their duty to their country and to their families.Muhammad Ali was a great fighter but he will never be a great American or hero.He was certainly no Joe Louis, a black man who proudly served his country in World War II.
              You should stop existing

Comment

• Originally posted by muslimer12 View Post
                You should stop existing

LMAO great post lots of good substance keep up the good job..

Comment

• Originally posted by Flabulous View Post
                  I agree.

He was virulently anti-White, and spewed his hatred of Whites every chance he got.

A lot of people don't believe in violence, and didn't believe in the war, but they also realized it was obligatory, and it wouldn't be fair for their brothers to go over there and risk their lives, why they stayed home...

Ali is a grade-A coward, and a piece of **** human being.

He's just like Nelson Mandela, in how people overlook how foul and vile of a person he was, because it fits the mainstream media narrative... At least Ali didn't murder hundreds of people including children, and babies, doe.
                  Sir, you seem to be an intelligent and wise human being of great stature and wisdom. Good Post and so eloquently put. Enjoyed reading it. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    He would not have been defending his country. He would have been paraded around as a symbol. America would have said, "look at this famous black man. Look at him fight our useless war." He would never have been close to a real war zone. By standing up for what he believed in he actually took the hard way out. As time passes prospective can change. I don't fault Ali for his views on that or his original views on "the white man".

Like I stated before there was a lot of things I found offensive about the way he treated Fraizer for example. The man had real flaws.

Everyone keeps saying he'd be hated today. There would BE NO ALI today because times are different. You're talking about a time when blacks were lynched in the streets, segregation was real.
                    If Ali Clay defended his country in any way asked Clay would have been more accepted in America. Clay was hated and despised by most hard working tax paying Christain AMERICANS.

Comment

• Basically son I speak for most Americans who actually matter in life the hard working, tax paying, non welfare, freebie handout, the Americans who fought and defended America because they love America. Clay was a nothing who hated America and most Americans. Clay was a zero who was despised.

Comment

Working...
                      X