No announcement yet.

They should get rid of punch stats they dont tell the true story of a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They should get rid of punch stats they dont tell the true story of a fight

These guys often count grazing punches as connects....most aren't a good position to accurately count every landed punch...I think they are minimally useful but are not very accurate at tell the quality of punches

unless they come up with a way to put trackers in the gloves, or some type of system to do landed punches accurately then its useless to me

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    These guys often count grazing punches as connects....most aren't a good position to accurately count every landed punch...I think they are minimally useful but are not very accurate at tell the quality of punches

unless they come up with a way to put trackers in the gloves, or some type of system to do landed punches accurately then its useless to me
    Punch stat is useless...our NSB Karma system is useless...You just dont agree with anything do you? :WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Punch stat is useless...our NSB Karma system is useless...You just dont agree with anything do you? :WORD:
      I don't agree with useless things

How many fights have you watched and the punch stats were utterly bull****

I think if they are gonna count punches...the viewer should watch it from the broadcast view where you see every punch miss or land

sitting ringside you miss a lot

Comment

I don't agree with useless things

How many fights have you watched and the punch stats were utterly bull****

I think if they are gonna count punches...the viewer should watch it from the broadcast view where you see every punch miss or land

sitting ringside you miss a lot
        Im not disagreeing with you. They have been known to be wrong. So have the judging system. If i were to start eliminating things...it would be that. The punch stats have nothing to do with the outcome of the fight or scoring of it for better words.

Comment

Im not disagreeing with you. They have been known to be wrong. So have the judging system. If i were to start eliminating things...it would be that. The punch stats have nothing to do with the outcome of the fight or scoring of it for better words.

you basically typed what I felt in a nut shell

fights are scored by rounds not total punches....a fighter can have 3 huge rounds where they land 20 punches but in the rest land 7-8 and be even with opponent in connects even though they lost 7 rounds individually

Comment

you basically typed what I felt in a nut shell

fights are scored by rounds not total punches....a fighter can have 3 huge rounds where they land 20 punches but in the rest land 7-8 and be even with opponent in connects even though they lost 7 rounds individually
            I agree. it has nothing at all to do with the outcome. But it is used a lot in scoring fights that are 100% robberies. Wether its spot on or not you dont have to count the number of punches to see who won the fight. I kinda like the Olympic scoring myself.

Comment

I agree. it has nothing at all to do with the outcome. But it is used a lot in scoring fights that are 100% robberies. Wether its spot on or not you dont have to count the number of punches to see who won the fight. I kinda like the Olympic scoring myself.
              I thought they were gonna change Olympic scoring in 2016

Comment

Are you arguing against:

• ACCURACY of PUNCH STATS

or

• ELIMINATION OF PUNCH STATS ALTOGETHER?

It seemed that you're conflicted...if "accuracy" is the issue well then if the punch counts and stats are "accurate" then are you still for it or against it?

While stats may not tell all of the story of the fight IT IS a necessary and crucial part of judging a fight most specially if the fight didn't end in a TKO or KO.

How else would one judge fights if not for the "statistics" then? Sure I am for the quality of the shots and the general ringmanship of fighters. But we surely cannot ELIMINATE punch stats.

Otherwise we can resort to KO or TKO the opponent without rounds limitations then...but we need to quantify as well as put the QUALITY of punches into the account of judging fights.

Comment

I thought they were gonna change Olympic scoring in 2016
                  Yeah they are. Going to the 10 point system like the pros. They did away with head gear too! I just wish they were accountability for bad scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
                    Are you arguing against:

• ACCURACY of PUNCH STATS

or

• ELIMINATION OF PUNCH STATS ALTOGETHER?

It seemed that you're conflicted...if "accuracy" is the issue well then if the punch counts and stats are "accurate" then are you still for it or against it?

While stats may not tell all of the story of the fight IT IS a necessary and crucial part of judging a fight most specially if the fight didn't end in a TKO or KO.

How else would one judge fights if not for the "statistics" then? Sure I am for the quality of the shots and the general ringmanship of fighters. But we surely cannot ELIMINATE punch stats.

Otherwise we can resort to KO or TKO the opponent without rounds limitations then...but we need to quantify as well as put the QUALITY of punches into the account of judging fights.
                    with the way they get the numbers, it will never be completely accurate

how can you count punches thrown and landed when you cant even see the fight from every angle?

Comment

Working...
                    X