Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Rios come back stronger?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he comes back at 147. Memo has time and space to work that magic and he can wait and see if and when the GBP/HBO/TR/Show drama will resolve itself. So many options up at 140-147

It is my hope that he develops some sort of defense though...I can barely understand him as it is, then throw in his expletives and its pretty bad. I'm genuinely concerned for him once he reaches 30+ and he's even slower than he is today

Comment

He will learn from this loss. He thought he would run over Alvarado easily and ran out of gas. He stopped jabbing and abandoned his boxing skills.

Comment

i think he will learn from this and be more prepared in the 3rd fight. what a great trilogy we get to see, thanks rios and alvarado.

Comment

yes, because he won't change his style
          the loss won't make him insecure, he'll just be pissed off
          fighters like Rios do better under those circumstances
          it was a close fight where he wasn't embarrassed
          he'll just fight harder next time

Comment

i dont see him changing much, because in his mind, he felt he won or at least it was a toss-up.

unlike alvarado, who took the KO loss and implemented more boxing in the rematch.

the only thing i would predict to see from rios next is better conditioning and a busier jab.

Comment

I would say Rios is not the sort of fighter that could get better after a loss, however at this stage I don't think he will fall off either.

To me Rios is a guy that trades on his toughness, he hasn't lost that attribute yet so he can still be effective against the right guys~ some guys he will never be able to beat, and some will always give him problems but there are guys that Rios will cause issues as long as he has his toughness.

That said if Rios looks in the mirror realizes how limited he is and then puts in long hard hours working on improvement, he could get a lot better like for example Ponce De Leon who still looks awkward in the ring but he was able to outbox Jhonny Gonzalez who I always liked as a boxer, so while I don't think Rios is that sort of guy work on his game like that if de Leon can make strides so can Rios.

Comment

I don't think Rios was the problem. Alvarado just fought a little smarter and I think he was lucky he was able to tough it out this time. A decent boxer is always going to give Rios problems because of his fighting style.

Comment

I honestly think he is about to hit a losing streak
                  Bradley. Marquez. Pacman. Alvarado 3. 5 possible loses if he is matched up
                  With them all. Competitive ,but loses nonetheless

Comment

I mean at some point we have to be realistic with ourselves. I love watching Rios in the ring from an entertainment standpoint, but at the end of the day when you get past his toughness and his beard he simply isn't that good. Any elite boxer will absolutely embarass him. The guy is great for boxing, but he is simply too one dimensional. He looked completely lost against Alvarado in the last 3 rounds. Yes Alvarado boxed much smarter than he did in the first fight but cmon, it's not like Mike Alvarado is exactly a boxing genius.

I just really feel like Rios would have to completely abandon who he is as a fighter to really improve. I mean his beard has held up so far to an extent, but with as easy as he is to hit it's hard to believe he's going to hold up as well if he moves to 147.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Punch View Post
                      rios vs provodnikov would be brutal. im not sure id even want to see it, theyd ruin eachother
                      I agree here. It would be entertaining while it lasts though. Great style matchup too.

Comment

Working...
                      X