No announcement yet.

Now that The Punisher is dead. . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    as big punisher fans, do you guys recommend the war zone movie? is it as good as the 2004 one? i've read a couple of reviews saying it was really bad but the film quality looks pretty similar to the MAX comics which is kind of why i'm interested.
    The action and violence is like the MAX comics. While the story is not that good, the action is great. And Ray Stevenson is a great punisher.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
      The action and violence is like the MAX comics. While the story is not that good, the action is great. And Ray Stevenson is a great punisher.
      sounds promising... if the story is just about revenge, then good action and violence is usually enough to carry a niche movie. how could anybody **** up the story of punisher though?

Comment

sounds promising... if the story is just about revenge, then good action and violence is usually enough to carry a niche movie. how could anybody **** up the story of punisher though?

The story was so bad, well it's the last punisher movie. Sad, the movies are done and so is the MAX comic It sucks.

Comment

The story was so bad, well it's the last punisher movie. Sad, the movies are done and so is the MAX comic It sucks.
          Ray Stevenson expressed interest in sequels, hinting at Barracuda as a possible villain.[10] At the 2008 San Diego Comic-Con, when asked if he signed on for more Punisher, he said, "If I had my wish, it's going to run and run. It's up to the fan base. If this works, we get to do it all again."[10]

At the San Diego Comic Con in 2010, Marvel Studios confirmed they now have the rights back for Punisher and they "hope to bring him into the fray shortly."[11]
          One of the bigger surprises to come out of the Marvel panel (with the exception of The Avengers cast announcement, which we kinda already knew about) was word that the Punisher movie rights are now back at Marvel. Though Marvel chief Kevin Feige didn’t come right out and say, yes, we’re making a new Punisher movie and it will be out [insert date here], he did allude to that when telling the audience that the rights are now back in their hands.

'The Punisher'
          Right now The Avengers is the priority, as well as the unveiling of Thor and Captain America (which, based on the footage we saw, are both staying at the "so far, so good" hotel). Once those are all under control, I could see a Punisher movie, an Ant-Man movie and more sequels (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America) filling up our 2013, 2014, 2015 summer schedules. So, basically, we have some time to think about this.

As a fan of the Punisher, it’s nice to see the rights back at Marvel where they care so much about their properties and know how to fuel a blockbuster. I'm not such a fan of the Punisher films to date, though, and curious to see what Marvel has to do to turn the gritty anti-hero into a huge hit.

Excited for more Punisher films, or not such a big fan of the character?
          http://www.fandango.com/movieblog/co...ie-640605.html

the war will never be over, my friend.

Comment

Is there not meant to be a film coming out?

Comment

Let us reflect on his life and how he lived it for his eulogy. His entire family killed in front of him, he decided to take justice into his own hands. With the training he got in the U.S. Marines and combat experience from Vietnam...he knew how to kill people very well. So he begun a 40 year war on crime, killing thousands of bad guys. He had been shot dozens of times in a shootout with Kingpin and his thugs during his last mission. He managed to kill them all, shooting Kingpin in the head. He said to the "Kingpin of New York", "Your city, my world." And with that, Frank finally died... But it is not an end, no it's a new beginning. For the good people of New York took justice into there own hands in the wake of the punishers death. Citizens began uprisings against local thugs and street gangs. "WARS END" ?????.....NO, it's not the end my friends....it's just a new war's beginnings...

WAR CONTINUES. . . .
              [IMG][/IMG]
              you do get he is just a comic book character right? but if i was to think otherwise maybe someone else takes over?

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
              What a feckin gossip is this ****? The Punisher can't die, you shmock. Do your homework.
              hahahaha....reply of the century

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                Its been a while. Have you passed the whole "barracuda incident"
                Absolutely. I got past the Valley Forge, Valley Forge arc where the government tries to kill him and he just destroys everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
                  you do get he is just a comic book character right? but if i was to think otherwise maybe someone else takes over?
                  I believe in The Punisher.

Comment

as big punisher fans, do you guys recommend the war zone movie? is it as good as the 2004 one? i've read a couple of reviews saying it was really bad but the film quality looks pretty similar to the MAX comics which is kind of why i'm interested.
                    Dude, it's so bad. So, so bad. I have a real appreciation for the character, I actually have a poster of the first one up on my dorm wall but I haaaaaaaaaaaaated War Zone.

Comment

I guess Frank Castle the man became The Punisher..which became an idea...an idea you cant kill.........

Comment

Working...
                      X