No announcement yet.

Floyds best opponent from 147-154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyds best opponent from 147-154?

Who do u think will go down as Floyds best opponent from 147-154?
    Ortiz
    7.89%
    Hatton
    10.53%
    Marquez
    5.26%
    Cotto
    21.05%
    Oscar
    47.37%
    other
    7.89%

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
    Martinez ....if he ever fights him.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Only guys he fought or is scheduled to fight so that would exclude Martinez and Pac.

Comment

Oscar or Cotto.....let's see what Ortiz goes on to do in his career. That can be looked at as a great win in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
          Oscar or Cotto.....let's see what Ortiz goes on to do in his career. That can be looked at as a great win in retrospect.
          I agree if u break those 3 down its close. Oscar in his next fight didn't look very impressive against Forbes and imo showed how past his prime he already was,Cotto hasnt been tested against a prime elite fighter in a couple years now,and Ortiz is being overrated due to his win over Berto. I still go back to his other recent fights like Peterson, Campbell and Maidana where he was far from impressive. U could actually argue Zab put up the best actual fight vs Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Martinez is good but he has not fought him or suggested he has any interest in fighting him.

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            Ortiz too me was going to get really tough in that fight. Much the same way he was with berto. He is a full fledged welter weight and has good pop in both hands. I think if that fight would have continued we would have seen Floyd tested unlike we had seen ever....LEFTY

Comment

Toughest and also best win is Oscar. He's a HOF.

Comment

jmm best fighter but not at 147.

I think Oscar is the best out of the mentioned. I tend to rate Mosley lower than he was perceived just because of his subsequent fights with Mora and Pac showed he was done.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                  its hard to say. JMM was the best fighter but not at that size probably. I hear what youre saying but I dont necesarily agree. Its easy to look back now and say that but at the time it was something else. Mainly a guy like Mosley. He's looked done since then but at the time of that fight, Mosley was looking like a monster. He killed Margarito. I think going into the Floyd fight, more people felt much better about Mosley's chances than they do Cotto's now.

Then I think people underrate how solid Oscar was at the time. 1st off you could argue Floyd shouldve been at LW at the time of that fight but definitley not over 140. He was the smallest WW you would ever see and he moved up to fight Oscar at 154 after Oscar had been at MW and just decapitated a Mayorga who everyone thought was maybe the toughest SOB in boxing(not best but toughest and hard to KO).

I think those 2 fights are over this fight for me. Im worried about this fight but as a Floyd fan I was so unsure of Floyd at 154 vs Oscar because he didnt even belong at WW at the time. Mosley was seen as still close to the top of his game, coming off a win over the most feared man in boxing, and unlike Cotto, everyone felt he had the speed to compete with Floyd, not to mention the size & strength. Those 2 were bigger at the time for me

Comment

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'll say Judah. One of the few times I saw Floyd completely in respect of his opponent at all times.

Oscar was probably the toughest physical challenge, because of the size.

Comment

Working...
                    X