Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Cotto at 154 but Martinez at 150? INTERESTING FLOYD!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did i miss something? When did floyd say sergio have to come to 150?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Did i miss something? When did floyd say sergio have to come to 150?
      He didn't say he has to.

But, what he did say was that if Sergio wants to fight at 150 then that fight can happen.

It was in response to Sergio saying he would fight Mayweather at 150.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He didn't say he has to.

But, what he did say was that if Sergio wants to fight at 150 then that fight can happen.
        Exactly. Floyd was just casually speaking that the fight could happen at 150 if Sergio wants it there.

I think if real negotiations were to take place, Floyd wouldn't have a problem fighting at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          This weight thing is comedic.

Now 154 is "Cotto's weight"??????

Miguel wanted Tony to fight him at 150.

The weight thing is Floyd's selling point for this ***** fight.
          The weight thing is funny, but this is a good fight. It's not great, Cotto-Ortiz would have been better. Oh, well.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
            Exactly. Floyd was just casually speaking that the fight could happen at 150 if Sergio wants it there.

I think if real negotiations were to take place, Floyd wouldn't have a problem fighting at 154.
            I tend to agree.

I think if they went into negotiations that 154 wouldn't be an issue.

And let's be honest, Martinez will be more than willing to take a lower purse. So that' not an issue.

The weight I don't think would be an issue.

So hopefully, these two can get it on at the end of this year or early next year.

This is the fight I want to see now. I give up on Mayweather-Pacquaio.

I always said if the fight doesn't happen May 5th then it won't happen at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              What length? Floyd is 5'8", and Cotto is 5'7".
              he's not talking about that kind of length. he's talking about the kind of length that the rest of the guys here shouldn't be interested in...

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
                I guess some of these folks that are so excited about this fight forgot about this little gem:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...e-fight--48685

Cotto is a small dude, in fact Mayweather has some length on him. The weight at which they fight DOES NOT matter at all. Both can make 150 or 154 easily. Stop talking BS about weights.......Mayweather is just trying to save his face and doing a good job at it, and you are all buying it. He will beat Cotto's ass regardless. So why not 154 then for Martinez Floyd???? GUESS WHY FOLKS!! All this catchweight nonsense....grow up. All these so called star boxers are all the same.

Oh and I'm not supporting Pacquiao, **** EM BOTH!!!!!!

I'll be watching boxers that are hungry and willing to FIGHT! They deserve the attention not this circus. I hope Miguel wins though, because he is one of those.
                You mean Martinez that didnt have a good showing against Barker? The same Martinez who can't sell tickets? Why would Floyd settle for that? This is a business about making money nowadays and Sergio isnt gonna get you that but Fighting Cotto will.

Comment

I guess some of these folks that are so excited about this fight forgot about this little gem:

http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweathe...e-fight--48685

Cotto is a small dude, in fact Mayweather has some length on him. The weight at which they fight DOES NOT matter at all. Both can make 150 or 154 easily. Stop talking BS about weights.......Mayweather is just trying to save his face and doing a good job at it, and you are all buying it. He will beat Cotto's ass regardless. So why not 154 then for Martinez Floyd???? GUESS WHY FOLKS!! All this catchweight nonsense....grow up. All these so called star boxers are all the same.

Oh and I'm not supporting Pacquiao, **** EM BOTH!!!!!!

I'll be watching boxers that are hungry and willing to FIGHT! They deserve the attention not this circus. I hope Miguel wins though, because he is one of those.
                  Another road block from floyd I guess hehe!

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post

yeah it's a bit of a stupid and weak argument this "floyd insists martinez at 150".
                    he hasn't said that.

Comment

Explain to me why this fight could not take place at......say 150?

You know Cotto and Mayweather could EASILY make this. The weight has jack to do with the credibility of this fight. It's ironic that Floyd is making this fight legit on something Pacquiao gets criticised for. (Since he claims Pac makes his name off him)

Buy the PPV guys....support these frauds (YES PLURAL we are getting robbed by both parties)
                      How can you hate on Floyd for this? He did everything he could do to make the pac fight. Hell he offered pac a guarantee 4 times greater than any guarantee he's ever had and he still turned the fight down. So Mayweather goes up in weight to fight a legit Champ in Cotto who only has two losses which both are surrounded by controversy. Pac was at a catchweight of 145 which Cotto was already struggling to make 147 and the loos to Marg, which most believe margs gloves were loaded. He avenged the marg loss, and pac refuses to fight him above 147.
                      -A side note- It's funny how Mayweather vs Cotto couldn't get made for years, and one month after Cotto leaves top rank this fight is made. I wish pac would follow in the path of DLH, Mayweather, and Cotto. But maybe pac likes to be protected and over hyped.

Comment

Working...
                      X