No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver Will Fight Positive Test Result, Plans Appeal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tarver Will Fight Positive Test Result, Plans Appeal

It’s still open to debate as to which event on Friday was more shocking – that Antonio Tarver tested positive for a banned substance, or at the normally vocal fighter/commentator was immediately speechless upon hearing the news.

The industry was abuzz the moment BoxingScene’s Ryan Maquinana broke the news of Tarver’s most recent drug test coming back positive for drostranolone – an anabolic steroid – in connection with his June 2 12-round draw with Lateef Kayode. The bout aired live on Showtime and was an entertaining affair which became best known for Kayode’s post-fight rant against Tarver and the network.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    It’s still open to debate as to which event on Friday was more shocking – that Antonio Tarver tested positive for a banned substance, or at the normally vocal fighter/commentator was immediately speechless upon hearing the news.

The industry was abuzz the moment BoxingScene’s Ryan Maquinana broke the news of Tarver’s most recent drug test coming back positive for drostranolone – an anabolic steroid – in connection with his June 2 12-round draw with Lateef Kayode. The bout aired live on Showtime and was an entertaining affair which became best known for Kayode’s post-fight rant against Tarver and the network.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Another Black fighter testing dirty what the hell is going On ?

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      Another Black fighter testing dirty what the hell is going On ?
      What has race got to do with it? Some fighters can't run away from drug tests like a Chavez Jr.

Boxing is full of cheats anyone with half a brain knew this already. It's good to see them getting caught but the punishment they receive is pathetic, they should face criminal charges.

Comment

It's unfortunate to hear this news about Tarver, he's one of my favorite fighters.

Did a quick wiki search on the substance:

Drostanolone (INN; also known as dromostanolone or Drolban), marketed as Masteron, is an anabolic steroid. Drostanolone is a part of the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) family. Its main medical uses include lowering cholesterol levels and as an antineoplastic agent in the treatment of some cancers. It is most commonly marketed as the ester drostanolone propionate (trade name Masteron). Drostanolone has been used for bodybuilding, though its high cost has made it used mainly in "cutting cycles."

Comment

At Tarver's age he had more a future as a commentator than a boxer and this will likely make it harder to work Showtime gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            At Tarver's age he had more a future as a commentator than a boxer and this will likely make it harder to work Showtime gigs.
            That $1 mil he got for the fight is probably more than he would receive for working 3 years as a commentator.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              That $1 mil he got for the fight is probably more than he would receive for working 3 years as a commentator.
              but the failed drug test will now end his boxing and commentating career

Comment

What I don't get is they are fining him $2,500. on a $1.1 million purse...and calling the draw decision a NC. You'd think the fine might actually be high enough to deter cheating and the cheater would get DQ'd.

Comment

I will just go on and say it, I dont think Tarver took steroids.

The only problem with tests is that sometimes something goes wrong and a innocent man becomes a victim.

Its soo easy to eat steroid contaminated food when you are a pro atleet and you could end up like Tarver is now very easy.
                  If you eat too many sesame seeds you will test possitiv for heroin and there are many such examples.

Tarver is the last person in boxing I would ever think was a steroid user

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                    I will just go on and say it, I dont think Tarver took steroids.

The only problem with tests is that sometimes something goes wrong and a innocent man becomes a victim.

Its soo easy to eat steroid contaminated food
                    when you are a pro atleet and you could end up like Tarver is now very easy.
                    If you eat too many sesame seeds you will test possitiv for heroin and there are many such examples.

Tarver is the last person in boxing I would ever think was a steroid user
                    Oh **** put down that bread it could have roids in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X