No announcement yet.

Official Hennessy Statement on Fury vs Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukboxingfan1981 View Post
    Channel 5 weren't interested in putting an offer in for Fury / Wilder???

Would of been good business by both sides.
    Ch5 would have most likely already sold their advertising slots for that weekend.
    A big fight like Wilder vs Fury would have meant that Ch5 would have ramped up their advertising rates at very targeted clients that suit the boxing fan demographic.
    Again if Ch5 had a month's notice then I suspect they would have put in a bid.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Love that Tyson Fury wants to fight so much he accepted to just casually fight Deontay Wilder! haha. Love the guy.
      Yes, Fury is a warrior, but haye might not want to even want to fight Deontay now after sparring with him and tasting leather against him.

But Fury need not apologize for anything as long as we get the fight that is all that matters.
      Good things come to those who wait. Im sure that's a famous saying. But having said that, im sure if the fight had of happened on the 28th it would have been a more exciting fight than the rescheduled one, as I feel it may have run out of steam a little by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Polaxed View Post
        Whilst you have to applaud Fury about wanting to fight Wilder at short notice, you can't blame Team Wilder for turning the offer down.
        So I guess Fury can boost that Wilder turned him down.
        Shame Haye's cut didn't come 3 weeks earlier......because I think Team Wilder might well have been tempted to take on Fury as a short cut to title shot.

Sky never give anything for free..........I've been with Sky since the Holyfield vs Douglas fight, and they never have given me a discount or even free movies as a reward.........long term customers don't get rewards or offers......that's only for new customers!
        So no surprise that Sky don't want to put on a Wilder vs Fury on, unless they have a good lead time to get the dollars rolling in......something tells me Sky have got plans to use Wilder for future PPV events.
        Dude, you need to learn the game with SKY

I am on a contract, that costs 130 per month in total, by simply calling up, asking to leave because virgin gave me a fake better deal, they reduced my bill to 88.50 per month for 12 months

half price sky sports and movies, free line rental and free broadband (I have 3 multi room packages)

all you need to do is call up, say you would like to cancel nd boom they take you to their retention department

currently with no multi room, sky will 100 percent force themselves to offer you everything they have for 60 quid per month (10 quid on top for each multi room, no discount on that)

don't settle for just 1 discount of like 12 quid off per month, still ask to leave until they give you a couple of special deals that knocks 30 quid off

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Yes, Fury is a warrior, but haye might not want to even want to fight Deontay now after sparring with him and tasting leather against him.

But Fury need not apologize for anything as long as we get the fight that is all that matters.
          Good things come to those who wait. Im sure that's a famous saying. But having said that, im sure if the fight had of happened on the 28th it would have been a more exciting fight than the rescheduled one, as I feel it may have run out of steam a little by then.
          Didn't know that a Haye-Wilder fight was ever on the horizon, but I severely doubt Haye would be scared of him after what looked like Haye putting it on him in sparring.

They are working on a new date as we speak, and it will be announced soon i'm sure.

Comment

Working...
          X