No announcement yet.

Mayweather talks about fighting Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather talks about fighting Sergio Martinez

Why hasn't this been talked about on here? I was digging around and found it. Here it is http://ning.it/Hw1JFQ

Everyone wants Floyd Mayweather to fight Manny Pacquiao and one day that fight may happen, but if there is one other fighter besides Manny that the public will accept, that would be Sergio Martinez. Mayweather is well aware also, he has been watching Martinez success with interest. Since Floyd Mayweather came back in 2009, his uncle Roger Mayweather spilled the beans at the presser and told me that one reason that Floyd is back is to win the middleweight championship and then retire as the only guy to win 7 world titles in 6 different weight classes without a loss and pass Ray Robinson.

In due time that fight shall happen as well, once it becomes big enough, right now it's growing huge. Mayweather was asked during his presser about a possible fight with Sergio Martinez "I can't rule out the future, you know down the line I may want to make that jump and fight at middleweight, you just never know. I just want to give the fans exciting fights and if Martinez is the guy at that time then we shall see, but right now my main focus is on Miguel Cotto."

http://www.***************.com/profi...ergio-martinez

Comment

it would be great if it happens, but i wouldnt hold my breathe for it just yet. Im still hoping Money and Pac can still meet up late this year or early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
        Everyone wants Floyd Mayweather to fight Manny Pacquiao and one day that fight may happen, but if there is one other fighter besides Manny that the public will accept, that would be Sergio Martinez. Mayweather is well aware also, he has been watching Martinez success with interest. Since Floyd Mayweather came back in 2009, his uncle Roger Mayweather spilled the beans at the presser and told me that one reason that Floyd is back is to win the middleweight championship and then retire as the only guy to win 7 world titles in 6 different weight classes without a loss and pass Ray Robinson.

In due time that fight shall happen as well, once it becomes big enough, right now it's growing huge. Mayweather was asked during his presser about a possible fight with Sergio Martinez "I can't rule out the future, you know down the line I may want to make that jump and fight at middleweight, you just never know. I just want to give the fans exciting fights and if Martinez is the guy at that time then we shall see, but right now my main focus is on Miguel Cotto."

http://www.***************.com/profi...ergio-martinez
        dude Im not into stealing

Comment

why fight sergio i though u said manny was "easy work" and easky money?? so why not you fight pacman ? keep ducking

Comment

this isnt new. That whole article is a lil misleading by Karceno's crew. He talks about Roger wanting Floyd to win the MW title but it was said back in 09. He also said that fight should happen in due time and made it look like Floyd said it but that was just the writer himself speaking. What Floyd was quoted saying is something he said after signing to fight Cotto or the initial pressers. Its not new

Comment

Originally posted by ONECRAK View Post
              Yo, I was just giving you and this thread a helping hand. Save everyone from clicking the link.

Comment

Originally posted by ONECRAK View Post
                Talk is cheap Floyd, should he beat Cotto and stay at 154lbs, then Sergio is the fight the fans want to see.

So will Floyd choose Pacquiao or Martinez or neither.

I know what my money is on.

Comment

Floyd said "We will see about Martinez"

That probably means, Floyd's team has seen Martinez's last couple of fights and that he wasn't as impressive of late ..... now Martinez is 37 so by the time FLoyd makes up his mind, Martinez will turn 38. Once you reach a certain age, you just don't know when that fighter will all of a sudden look old.

Floyd should have fought Martinez instead of Cotto .... people would have given him credit if he won but the longer they push the fight, the more of a chance that Martinez will show the signs and the more noise about Martinez being old.

Comment

he also talked about fighting Pacquiao too...Who gives a sh/t what he says?

Comment

Working...
                    X