Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are the GREATEST and Most Skilled Fighters in SRR's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Are the GREATEST and Most Skilled Fighters in SRR's resume?

???????????

I think Kid Gavilan is the most skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
      I think Kid Gavilan is the most skilled.
      Very hard to argue with this.

It's definitely Gavilan, IMO.

Robinson fought a lot of great fighters but in terms of skill, talent and ability Kid Gavilan was the best he fought.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Very hard to argue with this.

It's definitely Gavilan, IMO.

Robinson fought a lot of great fighters but in terms of skill, talent and ability Kid Gavilan was the best he fought.
        Along with Gavilan, there's Georgie Abrams, Randy Turpin (awkward as hell but quite skilled), Joey Maxim (very good defensive fighter), Sammy Angott...heck, California Jackie Wilson could box too and gave fits once.

Robinson faced a range of skilled boxers and skilled pressure fighters. Gavilan obviously wins though.

Comment

Gavilan. He was a victim of robbery more than about any boxer in history. Robinson beat him by clear margins in their rematch though.

Out of the names that haven't been already mentioned, Marty Servo, George Costner, Jose Basora, Bernard Docusen, Bobby Dykes all had skills.

0:37 some terrific punching exchanges.
          Last edited by TheGreatA; 11-18-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Kinda surprised no one's mentioned Armstrong given the recent thread on him, and what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              Kinda surprised no one's mentioned Armstrong given the recent thread on him, and what have you.
              I think most people are legitimately discounting from this discussion as he was way over the hill and still fighting only for the paychecks.

Comment

I don't mean to spark an argument here, but isn't the question who was the most skilled fighters SRR fought? I didn't realize we were talking about primes at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  I don't mean to spark an argument here, but isn't the question who was the most skilled fighters SRR fought? I didn't realize we were talking about primes at all.
                  I'm not sure and I'm sure the TS will confirm but I'm going off the presumption that the TS means skilled as well as capable, per se.

I would personally argue that Gavilan is argubally more talented and skilled than an even prime Armstrong.

That, of course, is open for debate.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I'm not sure and I'm sure the TS will confirm but I'm going off the presumption that the TS means skilled as well as capable, per se.

I would personally argue that Gavilan is argubally more talented and skilled than an even prime Armstrong.

That, of course, is open for debate.
                    Armstrong was more of a force of nature than a skill fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X