Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was RJJ too fast at MW to be beaten by anyone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one is unbeatable throughout history. But he was fast enough to be favoured over every middleweight IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
      RJJ was never tested against truly elite fighters at MW, apart from the Hopkins fight and Hopkins at that stage was nowhere near his best (still would have prime RJJ beating any version of Hopkins). I think Robinson and Hagler both beat Jones Jr and Monzon would have had a very good try too.

Imagine if RJJ had fought Eubank or Benn at mw or smw?? Jones has the upper hand but he would struggle, especially against someone with the granite chin and recuperative powers of Eubank.
      Thread should end here.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
        wtf are you talking about?
        Don't you recognize an initiate in the "cult of Jones?" a cult long silenced by Tarver....but which makes a comback now and then....As ridiculous as those who think the word "Froch" (which rhymes with Crotch) belongs in the same sentence as JOnes....are those who nuthug JOnes and claim he was unbeatable.

Comment

• Benn and Eubank stood little chance at 160/168.
          Last edited by bravestone; 05-22-2013, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• the Hopkins who lost to jones woulda been stopped by tito. mayb some don't like the word raw, mayb its too provocative word for u, but Hopkins in his prime outpoints the best version of jones at 160. not at 175, but at 160. haggler n mozon would lose early rounds but over the course of 15, they'd get jones outta there. u guys r mistaking the peak version of jones which was not at 160. its ok to b a jones fan but he only beat one name middleweight and that was an unfinished, unpolished version of hopkins

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
              the Hopkins who lost to jones woulda been stopped by tito. mayb some don't like the word raw, mayb its too provocative word for u, but Hopkins in his prime outpoints the best version of jones at 160. not at 175, but at 160. haggler n mozon would lose early rounds but over the course of 15, they'd get jones outta there. u guys r mistaking the peak version of jones which was not at 160. its ok to b a jones fan but he only beat one name middleweight and that was an unfinished, unpolished version of hopkins
              the only time that hopkins would have beaten jones is/was when jones was beyond shot to ****. he's always had trouble with athletic fighters. be it jones, taylor, even joe cazaghe.
              Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• I'm going to stick with RJJ being too fast for anyone at 160. P4P, that RJJ is possibly #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                  I'm going to stick with RJJ being too fast for anyone at 160. P4P, that RJJ is possibly #1.
                  we would have known alot more about roy had he fought G-man at 160
                  I think elite middleweights like monzon and hagler would have given him alot of problems as they probably would have been able to withstand roy's power and trapped him,,

It would take a very special fighter to beat roy at 160 but i think it could be done,, outside of the toney fight his resume is really weak,, beating the jorge castro, antonio byrd, vinny paz, bryant brannon, eric lucas, rick frazer, ancient mccallum, old hill, does not impress me much

Comment

• Jones would not have been beat by anyone..he quite possibly may have beat anyone
                    in history at any weight also...the reason is simple..SPEED KILLS....
                    other boxers were fast but not like him...

Comment

• In his era, yes he was too fast. Historically though, maybe a handful could beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X