Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fighting Words: Did Canelo Do Enough For ‘Money’ Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is coming off a good win, has a fanbase and holds the green belt. Sounds like he's the perfect Floyd opponent.

Comment

The only reason the fight wont happen is Canelo weighed 12 lbs on fight night. I dont think floyd is going to fight someone at this stage that has an almost 20lb weight advantage. He may put a rehaydration clause in if they do fight.

Canelo sure did put a ton of asses in the stadium in san antonio. If floyd stays with showtime the canelo fight allows him to get paid without doing any of the "money may" stuff he has been reluctant to do in the buildup to the ghost fight.

Comment

He's a unified champ in the division Floyd last fought in.

He just beat Trout reasonably comfortably, who beat Cotto more convincingly than Floyd did.

He is a big draw and just pulled 40k fans to his last fight.

There's plenty of reasons to make this fight.

Whether Floyd will risk taking on a genuine 154lber with power is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          The only reason the fight wont happen is Canelo weighed 12 lbs on fight night. I dont think floyd is going to fight someone at this stage that has an almost 20lb weight advantage. He may put a rehaydration clause in if they do fight.

Canelo sure did put a ton of asses in the stadium in san antonio. If floyd stays with showtime the canelo fight allows him to get paid without doing any of the "money may" stuff he has been reluctant to do in the buildup to the ghost fight.
          He'd be a right phag if he asked for that, he should just man the **** up and fight without all these dumb clauses. Its like the guy wants a stack of ready made excuses if he has to take a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
            He'd be a right phag if he asked for that, he should just man the **** up and fight without all these dumb clauses. Its like the guy wants a stack of ready made excuses if he has to take a risk.
            do you feel this way about rehydration clauses manny puts in his contract? if so, then cool. If not, then go fyck yourself.

I know you want to see floyd lose very badly but if Canelo is going to come in 171/172 on fight night then its not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
              mayweather gives this guy a boxing lesson and walks off with $100 million dollars. fights at cowboys stadium
              Trout, being a tough southpaw, was actually a pretty good test for Alvarez. And Canelo held his own in there.

But, I agree. Floyd will put on a boxing clinic and be millions richer by the time the night is over.

Would be no doubt awesome at Cowboys Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                do you feel this way about rehydration clauses manny puts in his contract? if so, then cool. If not, then go fyck yourself.

I know you want to see floyd lose very badly but if Canelo is going to come in 171/172 on fight night then its not going to happen.
                that is a myth. Pac never enforced a rehydration clause on anyone. however Floyd wanted a rehydration clause against Winky when they were negotiating the fight through the media.

Comment

Canelo showed flashes of improvement during that fight. But I don't think he is busy enough to beat Floyd. He would lose a decision

He would have to knock Floyd out to win and that would be almost impossible to do only swingin 30 - 40 times per round

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                    that is a myth. Pac never enforced a rehydration clause on anyone. however Floyd wanted a rehydration clause against Winky when they were negotiating the fight through the media.
                    yeah right. you know the truth and are one of the pac fans that just pretend.

Comment

A fight that controversial deserves a rematch, kinda like Floyd-Castillo or Manny-Marquez.

Comment

Working...
                      X