Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or false: once Floyd loses nobody will want to watch him anymore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yogi007 View Post
    A big portion of Floyds PPV sales are from people that want to see him loose. The day he looses, he will loose a lot of his PPV sales.
    do you really believe that? People are stupid enough to pay good money to see him lose?

why doesn't this happen in any other situation? do people watch the TV show they hate the most just to see it suck? do people buy McDonald's even though they think it tastses nasty?

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
      so Jmm goes life and death with Pac (even won by decapitation) but its a cherry pick for floyd. (he's just that good) here are his fights, lets compare it to anyone in boxing.
      Marquez Ring magazine #2 and light weight champion (owns pac) 1mil in ppv,
      Shane Mosely Ring magazine #3 WBA super welter championship
      TRIED TO FIGHT MANNY (BUT WE KNOW NOW thru roach, that they killed the fight over taking drug test *FACT)
      Victor Ortiz WBC welterweight champion Ring magazine #2 (at the time many on this very site were claiming Ortiz would win) 1.25mill ppv
      negotiations for manny fell thru, cause Arum wanted to build a stadium (which manny fought in Dallas Cowboys stadium against clottey, but wouldnt fight Floyd in said stadium)
      Miguel Cotto WBA super welterweight champion, Ring #1 light middleweight, current Middleweight champion 1.5 mil ppv
      Robert Guerrero WBC interim welterweight champion, Ring No. 3 ranked welterweight, and the WBC's mandatory challenger
      Canelo Alvarez Ring No. 10 ranked pound for pound, WBC and WBA Super welterweight champion PPV All time #1 event
      HORRIBLE JOB OF CHERRY PICKING

EVERYONE OF THESE GUYS WERE PICKED TO BEAT FLOYD BEFORE THE FIGHT
      since people want to compare the two (compare opponents)
      OBJECTIVELY YOU CANT COMPARE! THESE ARE THE FACTS AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE IT.
      Instead of posting that marketing garbage that Floyd sells you on, why don't you have your own opinion on the opponents and why don't you do some analysis?

Marquez had no fights at WW, JWW and had just come up from 130 to 135. Plus, Marquez has shown to do better against come forward fighters.

Mosley was OLD according to Floyd. Mosley was also 16 months inactive.

Ortiz quit against Maidana, drew against a dumbed down version of Floyd in PEDerson and was knocked down twice in his only fight at WW. Floyd won by way of SUCKER PUNCH!

I started it out for you ...... you can do the rest.

BTW - I don't remember polls or odds makers having Floyd as the underdog in any of those fights ..... but keep on lying to yourself.

Last edited by ADP02; 02-15-2015, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I think people want to see Floyd humbled more than actually losing itself. People don't like how he portrays himself as well as what he's done out of the ring. Me personally, I just want him to get his ass kicked by Pacquiao and it's mainly because of his racist rant he did on ustream as well as beating his ex.

Comment

This should be false for the objective boxing fan. Please note I never said "fan boys". It will be great to see how he deals with a lose on his record. Will he adjust his style becoming a little more agressive or will he become more reserved? These are questions real boxing fans will want to know. He sure knows how to market a fight so I see 99% of the people saying they won't watch his fights, glued to the TV doing the exact opposite. You know how many people who dislike him will tune in to see him potentially lose twice?

Comment

People will still be interested in his career, mostly the haters and the hardcore fans. He has been the face of boxing whether one likes it or not for close to a decade now.

Comment

false........

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                This should be false for the objective boxing fan. Please note I never said "fan boys". It will be great to see how he deals with a lose on his record. Will he adjust his style becoming a little more agressive or will he become more reserved? These are questions real boxing fans will want to know. He sure knows how to market a fight so I see 99% of the people saying they won't watch his fights, glued to the TV doing the exact opposite. You know how many people who dislike him will tune in to see him potentially lose twice?

i look forward to his meltdown when that '0' is gone

even better if he got robbed...i'd love to see what kind of character comes out...i bet it's a bigger meltddown than when Malinaggi loses a decision

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i look forward to his meltdown when that '0' is gone

even better if he got robbed...i'd love to see what kind of character comes out...i bet it's a bigger meltddown than when Malinaggi loses a decision

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Your problem is that the guy is so technically brilliant that you dont even see half of what he does , the more you know about boxing the more you understand how great Floyd is , thats why trainers and fighters are in awe of him .

But it all goes over your head , you need the Batman POW CRUNCH BOOM to know whats going on .
                    For every good skill and technique Floyd has - he also has a sly one.

Leading with an elbow, smothering, leaning etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi007 View Post
                      A big portion of Floyds PPV sales are from people that want to see him loose. The day he looses, he will loose a lot of his PPV sales.
                      Damn homie, you need to get off this forum and purchase some hooked on phonics. The word is "lose" not "loose"

Comment

Working...
                      X