Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan out of running to fight Mayweather next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan can't outbox Floyd.

Comment

"The Bolton Beggar" will go down as the first fighter in history to talk himself out of a super fight.
      Last edited by Moop; 07-25-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Floyd is obviously avoiding Khan.
        ______

Or he's letting Con know that he calls the shots. No one else.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan1986 View Post
          Floyd is obviously avoiding Khan.
          ______

Or he's letting Con know that he calls the shots. No one else.
          I agree he's definitely avoiding him, the same way he's been avoiding Ronda Rousey, Luis Collazo, Anthony Mundine or any joke of a fighter who's been calling out his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Any boxing nerd tracking how late he's waited in announcing fights lately? I remember someone talking about this last time & having all sorts of dates & **** but I can't find that post now. Its exactly 7 weeks til fight time today. Seems like this week might break his previous record whatever that might be cuz I don't recall things making to 6wks or less.
            ya but the fighter in the running are training as well im sure

Comment

There's also a tweet from Pugmire stating that Thurman is not eligible to fight on Sept. 12th because of a "hand injury" suffered in the Collazo fight. Probably bs. Also says Shawn Porter is not being considered. So I guess it really is down to Berto? I just can't see that being Pay-Per-View. Who would want to buy that besides die-hard Floyd fans? You can argue that guys like Kell Brook or Shawn Porter aren't well-known enough to merit being on PPV, but I think just Floyd's name would be enough to sell those. However, when you have him against a joke of an opponent, word will get around, and all those casuals that might have bought it before just to see the Floyd fight, might be persuaded against it because of just how much of a no-hoper everyone's saying the opponent is.

Comment

Mayweather isn't ducking fucing Khan and he never was ducking Khan. Khan is not first in line and he never was first in line. Khan just declared himself the clear choice to be Mayweather's opponent and Khan's devoted fans bought into the nonsense. Khan beat Alexander for his only good win at welterweight. Bradley and Porter also beat Alexander and many other good welterweights. Brook beat Porter who beat Alexander. Khan's only other wins at 147 were over unranked welterweights Collazo and 140 pound champ Algieri. Khan struggled with Algieri. Porter, Brook,Bradley and Thurman are all more proven at 147 than Khan and deserve a Mayweather fight more than Khan does. Khan needs to try and beat one of these four fighters and actually earn the Mayweather fight instead of trying to complain and insult his way into the Mayweather fight. Khan deserves the Mayweather fight more than Berto but that's not saying much.

Comment

Working...
                X