No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Finally hit the level cap last night, and I'm a bit over halfway through playthrough 2, or 'True Vault Hunter' mode.

The GF and I decided to try our hands at terramorphous again since we were 15 levels higher and with much better weapons and gear than we were when we first tried him at level 35. Sadly, there wasn't much of a difference in the battle : He utterly raped us another 10-12 times before we had to face the realization that our weapons and gear were nowhere near as awesome as we thought they were.

Bear in mind that I was packing a Tediore SMG that does 6581 DPS, and over 315K damage per reload, a Hyperion combat rifle that does 8731 DPS, a Jacobs revolver that does over 11K DPS, and a Vladof sniper rifle that does 23K DPS.

My GF on the other hand was packing equally impressive weaponry (thanks, free golden keys!) and yet our combined efforts only managed to shave off about 8% of his overall health.

I wanted to try and beat the ****er fair and square but it appears that the only way to do beat him with 1-2 people is to stack the bee with the critical conference call, but I haven't had time to farm for them quite yet because I still need to finish playthrough 2.

Speaking of which, apparently Gearbox has nerfed both of those items and added bonus health and stat increases to terramorphous to make him even more difficult for people to defeat now.

**** me.
    Even with the Bee + Conference call you need luck to kill it. The easiest way I've found to kill it is the Bee + Babymaker + Slag grenades + Commando turret. I kill it 100% of the time in under 5 seconds. It doesn't drop **** all though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
      Even with the Bee + Conference call you need luck to kill it. The easiest way I've found to kill it is the Bee + Babymaker + Slag grenades + Commando turret. I kill it 100% of the time in under 5 seconds. It doesn't drop **** all though.
      He (Terra) doesn't always take elemental damage though, does he?

Because anytime I've managed to get an elemental effect on him to take it lasts like half a second and it's gone, including slag.

So why the need for slag grenades then?

Do you just spam them all out at once?

Comment

He (Terra) doesn't always take elemental damage though, does he?

Because anytime I've managed to get an elemental effect on him to take it lasts like half a second and it's gone, including slag.

So why the need for slag grenades then?

Do you just spam them all out at once?
        Yeah, spam all the grenades just before and as it is coming from the ground. It's best to use the longbow grenades.

Comment

Finally beat Terramorphous yesterday, using only two conference call shotguns.

I was finished with 'True Vault Hunter' mode, so I spent about an hour moonshot farming the warrior. I ended up with 4 conference calls, 3 volcanos, 3 flakkers, and 5 legendary homing grenade mods.

So after getting frustrated with not being able to get the bee, the GF and I decided to just try terramorphous again without it. What we did was basically just managed our spawns very carefully : One person in the arena with Terramorphous at a time using the conference call. The inactive player would wait atop the hole until the active player's 'fight for your life' gauge was nearly depleted, then you drop in before death, making it impossible for terramorphous to regen his health between players.

I was actually surprised at how well the conference call worked on him even without the bee : I managed to shave off half of his health bar just in my first run in the arena, then my gf took him down to about 10% of health remaining before she died, but by that time I was able to drop in before she was respawned and finish the job.

I don't really care for the conference call against crowds of enemies, though. But against a giant boss with a lot of target area it's pretty ****ing sick.

So now I'm completely finished with the vanilla game. Beat two playthroughs, hit the level cap, have a badass rank of over 22,000, and completed every single mission in the game twice. All that's left is to farm a few choice items, maybe take another character to level 50, beat vermivorous, and get the DLC.

I've already downloaded the pirate's booty DLC. Anybody else here got it? Thoughts/impressions?

Comment

I was finished with 'True Vault Hunter' mode, so I spent about an hour moonshot farming the warrior. I ended up with 4 conference calls, 3 volcanos, 3 flakkers, and 5 legendary homing grenade mods.

So after getting frustrated with not being able to get the bee, the GF and I decided to just try terramorphous again without it. What we did was basically just managed our spawns very carefully : One person in the arena with Terramorphous at a time using the conference call. The inactive player would wait atop the hole until the active player's 'fight for your life' gauge was nearly depleted, then you drop in before death, making it impossible for terramorphous to regen his health between players.

I was actually surprised at how well the conference call worked on him even without the bee : I managed to shave off half of his health bar just in my first run in the arena, then my gf took him down to about 10% of health remaining before she died, but by that time I was able to drop in before she was respawned and finish the job.

I don't really care for the conference call against crowds of enemies, though. But against a giant boss with a lot of target area it's pretty ****ing sick.

So now I'm completely finished with the vanilla game. Beat two playthroughs, hit the level cap, have a badass rank of over 22,000, and completed every single mission in the game twice. All that's left is to farm a few choice items, maybe take another character to level 50, beat vermivorous, and get the DLC.

I've already downloaded the pirate's booty DLC. Anybody else here got it? Thoughts/impressions?
            Not yet. I've read the DLC is crap. When I get some spare money I'm going to buy the season pass and 3-months gold.

Comment

Pirate's Booty is great but is a bit easy with my level 35 Mechromancer. The characters are awesome though, especially Shade who looks like Hunter S Thompson and has a whole town full of friends and acquaintances who definitely have NOT died of thirst.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Pirate's Booty is great but is a bit easy with my level 35 Mechromancer. The characters are awesome though, especially Shade who looks like Hunter S Thompson and has a whole town full of friends and acquaintances who definitely have NOT died of thirst.
                The DLC as a whole sounds awesome to me, but I'm a bit bummed out from what I've heard regarding the seraph weapons. Apparently they suck balls when compared to lgendary weapons, and retail for the cost of your first born.

Comment

I'm going to pick up an additional 1600 MS points later today so that I can go ahead and get 'Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage', as well as have enough points left to snag 'Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt' when it comes out on the 15th.

I love this game.

Comment

I'm going to pick up an additional 1600 MS points later today so that I can go ahead and get 'Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage', as well as have enough points left to snag 'Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt' when it comes out on the 15th.

I love this game.
                    mr Torgue apparently has a lot of Tiny Tina in it, or do I have to shank a bitch!?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      mr Torgue apparently has a lot of Tiny Tina in it, or do I have to shank a bitch!?
                      'Crumpets are CRUUUUUNK!'

Comment

Working...
                      X