Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Wlad Klitschko was american, he would be regarded as...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Wlad Klitschko was american, he would be regarded as,

the same as he is now; very good but boring and not alot of fun to watch.

Comment

The issue with him is,although we love technical fighters,he is fighting no hopers he makes the fight go longer than it has to.

Comment

To the OP. Answer me this.

Why didn't Larry Holmes (an American) not get any respect while he was fighting? And his competition was significantly better than the bums that are passed off as fighters today. Your argument is wrong.

Comment

He would be worshiped here in the states if that were true.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Didn't JAB kill you in another thread and you never got back to him, it was on the same subject as this..

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
              ....one of the greatest Heavyweights of all time, if not THE greatest Heavyweight of all time. Period.
              And you guys know its the truth.
              You cant tell me there is anything Joe Louis has done that Wlad didnt do. They both ruled for a very very long time and their opponents were considered mediocre because of their dominance in the ring. How can anybody say Louis is the greatest ever and in the same breath say Wlad is "maybe top 15 or top 20".
              Im not saying Wlad is the greatest ever, but if he was american, the american press would compare him to Joe Louis and Ali and Larry Holmes. Period.
              And for all the youngsters on this forum who don't know anything about stuff which happened before 2010: after Wlad lost within one year to Brewster and Corrie Sanders, EVERYBODY said his career is over. Look what he done since then. The world press said Wlad is finished, he is done, his career is over. And look how he came back. Against the odds. That's comparable to all the won rematches of Muhammad Ali.
              Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

You keep bringing up race and color as a reason MOST people don't find the heavyweight division exciting. Where exactly is this information coming from? What proof do you have of this? I don't see anyone saying thats the reason they find it boring and unless you're able to psychoanalyze everyone you think that about (and over a computer no less) than you're full of crap.

The reason its seen as boring is because its like pulling teeth to get the best contenders to fight one another. When we do get that they're slow and out of shape more times than not. Its seen as boring because the two most dominant fighters do not seek and destroy in spite of having massive advantages in skill and more time than not, size.

Take a poll and ask what people prefer from their heavyweights, guys who are dominant but play it safe or guys who go balls to the wall. I promise you it would be lopsided in favor of the latter. I don't doubt there are some who don't like the Klits for their color, but the majority could care less and find the division boring for the reasons I named.

Gene Tunney was never accepted in his time because he came after Dempsey and was thought of as a thinking mans fighter, ie, boring. Holmes, same thing. Micheal Moorer because he wasn't the killer at heavyweight as he was at light heavyweight. People are drawn towards warriors, thats the bottom line. The whole race excuse is a fabrication with nothing to back it up made up by guys who cannot understand why people aren't as fascinated with certain fighters as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                Didn't JAB kill you in another thread and you never got back to him, it was on the same subject as this..
                I didn't read it. Remind me please. I've been working a lot recently so it's hard to keep track.

Comment

I didn't read it. Remind me please. I've been working a lot recently so it's hard to keep track.
                  I don't think you were too busy, you were still posting in other threads, just ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                    I don't think you were too busy, you were still posting in other threads, just ducking him.
                    I don't duck no one. Don't confuse me with your favorite boxer Floyd Mayweather.

Comment

I don't duck no one. Don't confuse me with your favorite boxer Floyd Mayweather.
                      My favorite boxer is Tommy Hearns, and even he thinks you are ducking the subject, as you now want to talk about Floyd...

Comment

Working...
                      X