No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: IBF Offers Clarification On Heavyweight Title Situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main Events are liars

This is hilarious because yesterday on twitter Main Events told JakeNDaBox to do his job and report the truth and he did do his job and proved they were lying about Fury's team not wanting to negotiate.

On November 30th the IBF told Fury and Main Events that the next defense has to be a mandatory. The very next day Main Events told the IBF they aren't willing to negotiate and they want an immediate purse bid.

They keep getting caught in lie after lie.

Comment

I don't know what makes less sense for this sport.

Belt politics or a Fury/Klitschko rematch.

Neither of which fans want any part of, yet both are happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        The IBF are pretty much doing what fans always want the alphabet organisations to do, i.e. stop bending the rules whenever the come under pressure. They've actually been transparent in their dealings here. The problem is the very existence of the alphabet bodies themselves. As long as they exist this sort of scenario is an inevitability.
        I doubt most fans ideal way a legit alphabet group would work would have a guy winning a title & being stripped of it within a week or whatever. I'd assume Hennessy & Fury's people had lil to no clue that a IBF mandatory was immediately on tap & than that their time table to work out the situation in a more satisfactory way for boxing, the newly crowned champion, Klitschko & Glazkov would go from Dec. 30 to Dec. 11 to him being stripped before the 11th now.

My assumption would be that even Klitschko would have likely been open to pushing back his rematch if it meant keeping the titles he held for a long time intact, but due to all these underlings busy work it seemed like there was lil time to maneuver any of that into becoming a reality & there was more talk of stripping Fury after he won the title than trying to work within the possibilities of him keeping the title he hasn't even received from the IBF yet so it would seem there was an agenda being pushed from the start.

And the main takeaway for me here is that this is another in a long line of examples why boxing needs an elite boxer centralized power structure that is looking out for the sport & its not a bunch of power hungry minions always pushing & pulling things there way for their own benefit. Boxing is the thing that ultimately suffers with these self interested parties only consumed with how much money or power they can get for the least risk.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-09-2015, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          This is hilarious because yesterday on twitter Main Events told JakeNDaBox to do his job and report the truth and he did do his job and proved they were lying about Fury's team not wanting to negotiate.

On November 30th the IBF told Fury and Main Events that the next defense has to be a mandatory. The very next day Main Events told the IBF they aren't willing to negotiate and they want an immediate purse bid.

They keep getting caught in lie after lie.
          Kathy Duva unoffical quote:
          "Yesterday I was lying, today I'm whining"

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Fury was WBO mando. He didnt have to accept a rematch clause. But he wanted the extra money, so........
            Explain this to me. Because Wlad was calling the shots. If he has a rematch stipulation in the contract, he has a rematch clause in the contract. I'm sure Fury was just thrilled to be in the position to actually fight him and could care less about some rematch clause as he's not even thinking about anything other than the fight at hand. I'm for sanctioning bodies enforcing their rules, however in this case if there is a rematch clause in the contract that is legally binding, that seems like a legit reason to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Explain this to me. Because Wlad was calling the shots. If he has a rematch stipulation in the contract, he has a rematch clause in the contract. I'm sure Fury was just thrilled to be in the position to actually fight him and could care less about some rematch clause as he's not even thinking about anything other than the fight at hand. I'm for sanctioning bodies enforcing their rules, however in this case if there is a rematch clause in the contract that is legally binding, that seems like a legit reason to me.
              Except that if you read the IBF response and any given sanctioning body's rules, you'll see that rematch clauses are not recognized by the alphabets nor can such a fight stand in the way of a mandatory title defense.

Fury got jerked in every direction - Wlad enforced the rematch, thus limiting his ability to honor his mandatory. Main Events refused to negotiate, instead demanding an immediate purse bid, which forced him into position to be stripped.

That's the sad part - an ex-champion and an unknown mandatory challenger were permitted to dictate the course of action for the reigning champ. Of course, nobody on either side gives a crap about any of that. Wlad wants he wants for Wlad. Main Events wants what it wants for Glazkov. Fans and Fury be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
                Except that if you read the IBF response and any given sanctioning body's rules, you'll see that rematch clauses are not recognized by the alphabets nor can such a fight stand in the way of a mandatory title defense.
                I see. Perhaps that's something that should be reevaluated and possibly changed in the future, or at least, amended so that its left in the hands of the IBF to rule on one way or another so that it's not so black & white. In this case, clearly, there was no way in hell Wlad wouldn't exercise his rematch clause and if Fury is obligated to the fight, he has no way around it. Just seems a rather silly way to be stripped given this information. It isn't helping the sport in this case.

Having one unified champion is what myself, and I would imagine most boxing fans want to see. Stuff like this only makes it that much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post

Fury got jerked in every direction - Wlad enforced the rematch, thus limiting his ability to honor his mandatory. Main Events refused to negotiate, instead demanding an immediate purse bid, which forced him into position to be stripped.

That's the sad part - an ex-champion and an unknown mandatory challenger were permitted to dictate the course of action for the reigning champ. Of course, nobody on either side gives a crap about any of that. Wlad wants he wants for Wlad. Main Events wants what it wants for Glazkov. Fans and Fury be damned.

and Fury got what HE wanted. He wanted the extra money from Wlad for a rematch clause, even though as WBO mando he did not have to accept one. Fury KNEW an IBF mando was due, yet he still sold Wlad a rematch clause that he knew would get him stripped if Wlad enforced it. So lets not act like Fury is some innocent victim here.......

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    The Wlad-Fury fight happened on a negotiated contract between Wlad and Fury - it fulfulled the mandatory obligations for Wlad by the WBA and the WBO. The mandatory wasn't enforced as both parties came to agreement.

Fury was well within his rights to reject a rematch clause within negotiations, and following any subsequent breakdown, the fight would have been called to purse-bids, where no such options can be enforced on Fury. This would mean a forced 80/20 split in favour of Wlad however.

Interesting to note - the fight was almost forced into WBA purse bids. Last minute arrangements avoided this from happening though.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X