Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Lineal Champion to have back to back tune-up fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd Mayweather

Comment

This event should be called "Making History."

Garcia's making history by being the first lineal champ to fight two tune ups in a row.

Garcia's making history by being the first lineal champ to fight a guy a weight class below for all the titles.

Sod Ralka is making history by being the lowest ranked opponent EVER to challenge the lineal champ.

I'll be here all night writing the whole list.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        No, but ducking your mandatory can get you stripped in a lot of situations which can remove your "lineal" title

Maybe I should modify the original question with "When was the last time a Lineal champion fought back to back tune-up fights, with one being an unranked opponent in a lighter division than his belts"
        Ok, if your talking about Danny Garcia, then just say so., no the salka fight is a turd that doesn't happen a lot.. For a well known lineal champ, in the prime of his, this fight is a disgrace,,,

Salka should be a come backing Juan Diaz opponent or Anthony Peterson..
        He has no business being in a title fight at 140, let alone a lineal title fight..

The only other ones I can think of as bad is bowe defending vs Jesse fergueson, and at least Jesse was a true heavyweight

Comment

zsolt erdei had like 12 in a row. i think garcia is scared enough to catch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Floyd Mayweather
            No Floyd has never defended vs a salka caliber fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Ok, if your talking about Danny Garcia, then just say so., no the salka fight is a turd that doesn't happen a lot.. For a well known lineal champ, in the prime of his, this fight is a disgrace,,,

Salka should be a come backing Juan Diaz opponent or Anthony Peterson..
              He has no business being in a title fight at 140, let alone a lineal title fight..

The only other ones I can think of as bad is bowe defending vs Jesse fergueson, and at least Jesse was a true heavyweight
              because "just saying so" isn't enough

I want to show this is disgraceful on historical proportions, people need to realize just how big of a disgrace this fight is

the fact that Lamont Peterson is on the same card is the equivalent of Al Haymon and Team Garcia slapping every fight fan in the face and laughing afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                No Floyd has never defended vs a salka caliber fighter
                I would pick Salsa over Floyd IMHO. Too big and strong

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  because "just saying so" isn't enough

I want to show this is disgraceful on historical proportions, people need to realize just how big of a disgrace this fight is

the fact that Lamont Peterson is on the same card is the equivalent of Al Haymon and Team Garcia slapping every fight fan in the face and laughing afterwards
                  I totally agree that this is one of the worst title fights in modern history, especially since fans would have been happy with Danny-Peterson..

I actually wouldn't have minded Danny defending vs Anthony Peterson, with Lamont on the undercard to build Danny-Lamont later in the year..

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    I would pick Salsa over Floyd IMHO. Too big and strong
                    Floyd goes to the ropes, Salsa catches him in the headlock and Money May pulls a McCall after embracing the armpits of Salsa then opts out of his contract.

Comment

Salka the new Raimy just watch people sleeping on this dragon.

Comment

Working...
                      X