Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else had their scorecards closer to 117-111?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
    I did, it was actually wider. I only had Maidana winning two rounds! However, it is conceivable that he won two more rounds, that's it though.

Even when PBF was laying on the ropes and Maidana was either banging away at air or arms, PBF was putting some clean shots to the body.

I'm guessing if a rematch were to happen PBF will win a wider margin on all scorecards.
    Floyd got the distance and pace of the fight dictated to him (ring generalship), he got outworked for substantial portions of the fight (activity), he was getting hit with shots (accurate punching). Floyd was in the toughest or second toughest fight of his entire career....there is no getting around that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014Classic View Post
      Why do people keep discussing this. It was a close fight. So much so that Mayweather, his uncle, and others have said they will rematch.
      I don't think they're saying that because they think it was close.

Comment

It was a weird fight to score when I watched live I had 7-5 Mayweather giving Chino 1,4,5,8,12 but said I can see people giving him 2,3 so possible 7 rounds.

but watched it last night and only gave Chino the 1,4,5 still close rounds in the 2,3,8,12 but felt Mayweather won them. Great fight the right person won.

Comment

Rewatching this fight really does wonders. I think a lot of us were in the moment fight night and didn't see what really happened. Call me crazy but Floyd had this fight figured out after the first round. But he still decided to stay close to maidana. Even when Floyd would turn maidana and get off the ropes, he would still stand right in front of him. Unknowingly, I think Floyd pulled a fast one on all us including maidana.

It's obvious that over the years Floyd has gained a good grasp of what judges score in a fight. Most judges will not score going crazy against the ropes to the body over good clean head shots. Some will but most won't. I think most have figured this out and this is why u don't see people try it too often and Floyd Doesn't panic when they do. It just doesn't work against him. Maidana tried anyway and let himself believe that this strategy was working this time when it never has before. Being a brawler, maidana has no real intent to score points to win rounds so he's looking at a totally differnt fight than what was in front of him. He just wants to fight.

Floyd let this man have the fight he wanted and still beat him. Now people are calling for a rematch against a guy he can beat easily. That is why roger and Floyd senior are so gung-ho for a rematch. It's easy money. Floyd just took everything maidana could possibly throw at him and still won by wide margins according to the judges. They are thinking like "they want us to rematch a guy who won 3 or 4 rounds to the judges? Why not?" I'm a Floyd fan but u haters gotta wake up eventually. Y'all are selling Floyd next fight for him lol. Now maidana's stock has increased and the rematch is sold. Now money can box circles around maidana and get more credit for it. These guys are even telling u the fight won't be the same but your bias won't let u believe it. So now it will have to be proven.

Comment

I had it 5 even going into the 10th round.

Comment

11th I mean. With the 11th bein even and 12th maidana

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post

If you don't trust that then rewatch the round again, Mayweather bested Maidana in every single criteria in round 4.
                Mayweather lands a clean elbow at 1:10

Comment

116-112 for Mayweather, giving the benefit to Maidana in at least 1 round.

Comment

I had Maidana up 4-2 after 6 but then I have Floyd winning the final 6 rounds 5-1. Floyd by narrow decision.

Comment

People really don't re-watch fights.

It's amazing how advanced Floyd really is in the sport. He's so far ahead that people don't understand, even people that been around the sport for decades don't understand. I'm glad I live in this era where I can re-watch fights multiple times and in slow motion and however else to get a clear perspective on what's happening in a fight. It's also a blessing to be able to transcribe it worldly with others interested in the sport and hear their views. It's amazing how many really just like the sport and can be ignorant to the quality we witnessed May 4th before 1:30 am.

Comment

Working...
                      X