Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Shunned by Juan Manuel Marquez — Steroids to Blame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao Shunned by Juan Manuel Marquez — Steroids to Blame?

This guy really makes some bold claims:

http://myboxing.com/2013/02/04/manny...oids-to-blame/

If you have been looking forward to a fifth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, well — don’t hold your breath. Even though Manny Pacquiao risked everything to meet Juan Manuel Marquez in a third and fourth fight which seemed pointless to many fight fans, Marquez is now denying Pacquiao the opportunity to redeem his only loss of their battles.

“I think for me there is no point [in a fifth fight]. We already achieved the desired result. Then why do it? So I also asked several people, several friends that I have around me and they told me not to do it, that there is no point in a fifth fight. I said before the fourth fight that no matter how this fight ends, there can not be a fifth,” Marquez told Boxing Scene.

If those quotes are correct and Juan Manuel Marquez is indeed ducking a fifth fight against Manny Pacquiao, Marquez will lose a ton of respect around the boxing community. Money certainly would not be a factor in Marquez’ decision to duck Pacquiao and he has already stated that he plans to continue fighting.

So why not accept the biggest payday of your career and take a fifth fight against Manny Pacquiao? We can only think of one reason — steroids.

Manny Pacquiao, Freddie Roach and the rest of Pacman’s crew has made it clear that they will demand stricter drug testing if the two fighters were to ever meet for a fifth time. This stems from the fact that Juan Manuel Marquez seemed to have gone through puberty all over again leading up to their fourth fight. At 39-years-old, Marquez seemed more ripped and more muscular that ever leading many fans to believe that he was taking some sort of performance enhancer.

We cannot imagine Marquez actually walking away from all of the money that is on the table for a fifth fight against Pacquiao, but if he does we can only assume the worst. It will confirm to us that he is indeed taking some sort of performance enhancer or he has turned into a coward. You can decide which one is more likely.

Wow. Anything passes for journalism these days.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      It will confirm to us that he is indeed taking some sort of performance enhancer or he has turned into a coward.
      smh. what a ****in idiot.

Comment

So why not accept the biggest payday of your career and take a fifth fight against Manny Pacquiao? We can only think of one reason — steroids.

Manny Pacquiao, Freddie Roach and the rest of Pacman’s crew has made it clear that they will demand stricter drug testing if the two fighters were to ever meet for a fifth time. This stems from the fact that Juan Manuel Marquez seemed to have gone through puberty all over again leading up to their fourth fight. At 39-years-old, Marquez seemed more ripped and more muscular that ever leading many fans to believe that he was taking some sort of performance enhancer.
        Hypocrisy at its finest.

Comment

Hahahaha sounds like a pissed off PACt@rd to me.
          Last edited by lieutenant; 02-04-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            Hypocrisy at its finest.
            Thats pretty much what is it has become. How easily they forgot what their stance was

Comment

They act like its hard for a 140 pound man to not have much body fat. Have you seen the results for P90X? Its not hard to transform your body with hard work.
              People who think Marquez was on roids should only blame pacquiao for not accepting testing, it seems he is the only big name boxer not doing/requesting stricter testing. Wonder why.

Comment

Mayweather demands blood testing and a 50-50 split and it's ducking...

JMM destroys Pac and sees no point in another fight and it's ducking....

Pac won't fight Cotto without some kind of CW, wouldn't fight the WW Champion in Mosley becuase he's "too good", won't fight Floyd because of testing and the money split but none of that is considered ducking..

lol

JMM told Pac a bed time story and then put him to sleep. That's what a good daddy does.

Comment

LOL...people are giving this all too much traction too soon. Money talks. Marquez is more likely saying "Talk loud" then anything else.

Comment

(in the most gay lisp possible):

"Let the commission do it's job!'

/gay

Comment

Working...
                    X